OBX twin scroll manifold?

destrux

:
2007 Mazdaspeed3 GT Black Mica
I saw an OBX twin scroll tubular exhaust manifold listed on ebay... anyone ever installed one of these? I assume they don't fit the stock turbo.

i think this is the third or forth post with someone finding this......so instead of just flaming you with the search deal.(blowup) I will say that if you sir can find a turbo to fit that manifold and want to test it on your engine...........i would be very interested to see your results.

I did a search for "obx" (thread titles only) in the mazdaspeed 3 main section (and the forced induction and engine sections) and came up with zero results. When I searched for "obx manifold" (titles and posts) it came up with a bunch of junk and I wasn't able to find anything after searching through several long threads about manifolds.

I always search first, because I hate waiting for an answer.

Anyway, I don't see much need for a twin scroll turbo on a FWD... some lag (provided by a huge turbo) usually helps maintain traction when drag racing in a FWD, and a smaller turbo for street driving doesn't need a twin scroll design to spool up fast. That manifold might be more useful on a CX7 or Mazdaspeed6. I just figured I'd see if anyone was using it on a speed3.

I did a search for "obx"

Most forums don't search on words 3 letters or less. Try doing a search for AWR (makes mounts) or ETS (makes a TMIC), or CPE (make numerous parts) or even K04 (our turbo code). You won't find any results. Surely, someone, somewhere, on this forum has used one of those three acronyms.

Back