OBX Header and Noise

amsgator

03.5 Protege5
:
Yellow '03 5-Speed MP5
Does anyone have a sound clip of how loud the car is w/ the header on? I have a RB Cat back as well and dont want to make it so loud. I want the power but if its going to be excessively loud and annoy anyone that rides w/ me i will do without. If no one has one, can someone get one and send to me? :( thanks ahead of time!

i want to be able to have a convo with the passenger(s) and not piss them off... :-\

if you use the stock midpipe and dont go catless you wont piss off the neighbors.

bumpin_p5 said:
if you use the stock midpipe and dont go catless you wont piss off the neighbors.

lol. what about my mom when she rides w/ me? its only like once or twice a month so..so i guess i shouldnt factor that in. nah usin stock mid

I'm running obx w/ms axleback. The header is not that bad, most of the noise is in the muffler.

OBX with Magnaflow hi flo catted midpipe & street series muffler = no noise, just nice mellow tone. Motor & muffler pretty much equal. Plenty OK for conversation.

amsgator said:
lol. what about my mom when she rides w/ me? its only like once or twice a month so..so i guess i shouldnt factor that in. nah usin stock mid

my mom could tolerate my car with the ractive header, mam midpipe, and racing beat catback.. she doesn't like it, but she tolerates it. in general she thinks my car is cheap and crappy (piss)

yea i'll still have one cat. not changin the midpipe. so i think i'll go ahead and get it once the guy relists it on ebay. i could buy it from their site but its like 8 dollars more...and i'm a poor college kid so i gotta save money where i can :)

Hey ams, it's really not THAT bad. I am actually getting ready to put my OBX and Racing Beat BACK on the car after I took it off a couple months ago. Really, the only place mine bothered me was on the highway. At 75 mph you're riding over 3000 rpms. It has some drone right in the range of about 3000 to 3600 or so. Once you get past the 3600 rpm point it actually quiets right down. Everyday driving around town it sounds quite nice. I thought really hard about selling both my header and the RB. I decided to keep em for a while and now i am getting ready to put em back on......

Hey, do you have any problems with your exhaust hitting the underside of the car just above the rear axle ? I have to change from the stock motor mount in the front on mine to keep it from rattling like a b#!%h.

Or be a stupid poor college kid like me and decide that the only way to make your protege not so darn loud is to turbo it. it worked (ughdance)

Kansei said:
Or be a stupid poor college kid like me and decide that the only way to make your protege not so darn loud is to turbo it. it worked (ughdance)

But your mom still thinks you drive a cheap and crappy car (first)

Yaggie1 said:
Hey ams, it's really not THAT bad. I am actually getting ready to put my OBX and Racing Beat BACK on the car after I took it off a couple months ago. Really, the only place mine bothered me was on the highway. At 75 mph you're riding over 3000 rpms. It has some drone right in the range of about 3000 to 3600 or so. Once you get past the 3600 rpm point it actually quiets right down. Everyday driving around town it sounds quite nice. I thought really hard about selling both my header and the RB. I decided to keep em for a while and now i am getting ready to put em back on......

Hey, do you have any problems with your exhaust hitting the underside of the car just above the rear axle ? I have to change from the stock motor mount in the front on mine to keep it from rattling like a b#!%h.

i havent heard any rattling. no problem that i know of.... yea i think i am gonna go ahead and get it. and about turbo-ing...nah i'll just buy a car w/ a turbo when i graduate. dont know enough to turbo it myself.

the OBX is 197 shipped w/ insurance.

Crazy D said:
But your mom still thinks you drive a cheap and crappy car (first)

She doesn't know it's turboed yet :) I haven't told anyone in my family haha

she'll find out soon enough.. I'll probably be back in ct for a weekend sometime mid-april to go to the NEPOC spring cleaning meet :)

amsgator said:
i havent heard any rattling. no problem that i know of.... yea i think i am gonna go ahead and get it. and about turbo-ing...nah i'll just buy a car w/ a turbo when i graduate. dont know enough to turbo it myself.

the OBX is 197 shipped w/ insurance.

i am waiting for the guy to relist it again on ebay because its like 8 dollars cheaper, but if he doesn't do it soon i might just order it from their site. but knowing my luck the minute i order they will relist. i sent a message to him but havent' heard back yet about when the new listings will be up.

Back