obx exhaust for the protege5

NRRfrogmanP5

King of the City!
Contributor
:
'16 CX-9 GT
hey guys and ladies. i havent been around much been busy. but anyone who bought this exhaust and still has it do u have any problems with the hangers breaking away from the welds? i did and had it welded back togerther and it sounded fine . but now the whole inside of the muffler is like falling apart. i put my hand inside of the opening and i can feel the insulation and there is a really loud and annoying metal sound like something is in there just rattling? so anyone?

the muffler's probably lost most of its 'packing'. That could definitely cause the noise and the rattle

The inside rusted out and the packing burned up.
Yep, time to go buy another one. With the money you saved from buying the OBX you should have plenty of money to buy another one.

on my motorcycle, repacking of the muffler is something u have to do time to time. It's not the most fun thing to do, but u gotta do what u gotta do.

I never heard about people repacking the car mufflers though. I guess cause u can get a cheap muffler and just weld it on at a muffler shop

Pics? Ive been told my axle-back is OBX but I don't know because its lost the little logo thing that was tack welded on lol.

that works just pm me a price so i know what to bring. it will also give me a chance to see the shop. i still havent been up there yet. thanks

Back