OBD cable or port not working? How to find out?

kurupt89

Hi, I'm fairly new to this scene but I just got my AP tuner about 3 months ago and flashed my car (08 mazdaspeed3) with stage 1 mapping. Since then, I haven't really touched it until a few days ago when I discovered that my stock CD player was not working. I haven't used the CD player feature for a few months also, so I was under the impression that maybe the CD player stopped working after I flashed the ECU. I decided it would be worth a shot to reset the ecu to stock with my AP tuner to see if it fixes the problem with the CD player. However, when I plugged in my AP tuner, it would not turn on. It works when the tuner is plugged into my PC though, so now I'm wondering if the problem is due to the OBD cable (being damaged) or the OBD port? Or can the CD player issue be causing this? Should I bring it into the dealership to see if their reader/scanner works when plugged into the OBD port? Get a new OBD cable? Or replace/fix the CD player headunit? What should I do first?

Please help me out and give me some advice if you can, thank you!

You can try Autozone or another parts supplie or freindr and see if their scan tool connect, might not want to go to Mazda if still under warranty with a AP map loaded (they will probably charge you $100+ just to try!)? CD shouldn't be connected other than may have some multiple wires damaged, otherwise just a dead player.

You can try Autozone or another parts supplie or freindr and see if their scan tool connect, might not want to go to Mazda if still under warranty with a AP map loaded (they will probably charge you $100+ just to try!)? CD shouldn't be connected other than may have some multiple wires damaged, otherwise just a dead player.

I guess I should hope that it is the cord not working.. Any tips for me if I find out that the ODB port is not working? How would I fix that...? I've never even touched it except for the one time I used the Cobb AP to flash it. :(

Back