O2 Sensor Question & Help please!

:
Mazda 3 2009
Greetings...

So I recently got my Mazda like 3 weeks ago...its a 2009 it has 37k Miles on it...2.3 motor w/ AutoMagic.

Now I am NOT Lead Footing the gas...I changed out the Spark PLugs to better ones, Tire Pressure is good, Air Filter Good...Cleaned the MAF Sensor also.

On a Half a tank of gas I am only getting 155-160 miles...Just seems really low!...right?

Would it be a Bad O2 Sensor??...

If it is the O2 Sensor would it be the Front or Rear one?...or Both?

Just trying to figure out the bad MPG's...its odd for almost still a New Car too!

Thanks in advance!

Are you measuring mpg based on the fuel gauge readings? What are your driving conditions?
The 2300 engine will get lower mpg than the 2 liter engine. Too get a better indication of mpg
you need to fill the tank and divide miles traveled by gallons of fuel used. Gauges are not
linear, ang cannot trusted for mpg.

It your car is stock and you have no check engine light the O2 sensors are probably good.

Clifton

Greetings...

So I recently got my Mazda like 3 weeks ago...its a 2009 it has 37k Miles on it...2.3 motor w/ AutoMagic.

Now I am NOT Lead Footing the gas...I changed out the Spark PLugs to better ones, Tire Pressure is good, Air Filter Good...Cleaned the MAF Sensor also.

On a Half a tank of gas I am only getting 155-160 miles...Just seems really low!...right?

Would it be a Bad O2 Sensor??...

If it is the O2 Sensor would it be the Front or Rear one?...or Both?

Just trying to figure out the bad MPG's...its odd for almost still a New Car too!

Thanks in advance!

We have a 14.5 gallon fuel tank, so half is 7.25 gallons. If you get 160 miles on half a tank, that's 22 MPG....the car is rated at 22mpg city and 29 highway. Sounds normal to me. It's not a prius....but it gives a good combination of power and fuel economy for what it is. If you had a bad rear o2 sensor nothing would happen, and if it was your front, you'd know because the car would run like ass and for both you'd get a CEL. Been there done that.

What did you gap your new spark plugs at?

Mine is an 05 3 sport 5 spd and I average anywhere from 150-160 driving city and around 200-210 hwy....Id say your millage is normal
keep in mind if your in a colder climate ur mileage will suck.......id say under 40 degrees ull see it fall.....here in WI Ive seen mine fall about 5-8mpg in the last week.

Back