NTB MSP Motor

so.... I'm in the navy in norfolk, va and dude to the "noreaster" storm (whatever the hell that means) my CAI sucked up water like a goddamn crazystraw.... : ( anyway... i have a P5 and i've been wanting to try to swap to an MSP engine, and now that push has come to shove, this is where i'm going with it... the internet. if anyone can hit me up with good links to get this accomplished, an actual motor to sell, a link to buy a motor or anything, i would amazingly appreciate it. i know i should be looking around the forums.... but whatever.... thanks

Gotta love cold air intakes!

As far as a replacement goes, most people will prob just tell you.... its the same engine with a turbo bolted on. Since this is the case, it will be a lot cheaper for you to source an FSDE motor from something like a 99-00 626 (they are essentially the same engine, but seem to be cheaper than looking for one from a P5) and then piece together the turbo components from the forum here. Because the limited number of MSP's produced I'm sure it will be hard to find a complete swap. You can look on car-part.com for what you need though.

Sorry about your luck. Hope you find what you are looking for!

In Miami you can get a JDM long block for about $600 plus shipping. Google all jap in Opa Locka. Or call 305-685-2550. Then all you need is your turbo access.

ouch. i know i'm really afraid of getting hydrolock and am on the fence about getting an intake bypass. how deep was that puddle?

yeah. thanks for all the info. i'm calling my insurance company tomorrow to see if they want to claim it as totaled. i really hope they do so i can start over. but as for the cai, the puddle was only about a foot deep, but it was about 250 yards long...... fml.... it didn't look that deep... or that long. but whatever.

Back