November 13th

eilros25

:
Toyota Camry
I just chatted with a Mazda associate and was told that the 2008 Mazda5 information is scheduled to be added to the Mazda website on November 13th.

Last edited:
Hmmm...do you think that means NA cars will be stateside by then? That would be about 6 wks after first NA build date... one can hope...

How long does it take from start of production until they hit the west coast?

I'm figuring that it probably only takes about a week to produce (?) and then about 4 weeks to head across the Pacific.

Does this seem right, or am I off the map?

Natural logic would presume that they hit the forecourts on the west coast before the east coast, or is this a wrong assumption?

I'm figuring that it probably only takes about a week to produce (?) and then about 4 weeks to head across the Pacific.

Natural logic would presume that they hit the forecourts on the west coast before the east coast, or is this a wrong assumption?

well in canada production starts for us in OCTOBER... means cars are here in Dec or Jan

For sweden the production starts in october. I ordered a copper red metallic mazda 5 sport mt from the dealer about a month ago. Now I'm waiting for the dealer to send the order to Mazda wich hopefully will be this week (mazda don't recieve 2008 model orders before october). I've been told that I will get my car in late november/early december. All in all about two months from ordering to delivering.

I am not sure how Mazda does it, but here is what I saw from the Toyota Toyoashi facility while I was there in 03.
I was there training on one of their engine lines and they gave us a tour of the entire facility. They had a warehouse full of the (not yet released) redesigned 4-Runners for the NA market. It was two months before the release date. They said that they want to have a full stable of vehicles available (options, trim levels, colors etc) when they start shipping to the US so that the dealers would have sufficient numbers to get the buzz going quickly. Granted, this was for a car expected to sell well and above what is expected for the 5 and Toyota has a much larger list of options than the 5.
So I guess what I am saying is that this is an apples to oranges comparison so take it for what it is worth...(dunno)

Oh, and as an FYI, it took Toyota about four hours to assemble an Altezza (Lexus IS300) from the point where the build order was entered in the computer to the car driving off the assembly line. It was mind blowing the first time I entered an assembly plant.

Last edited:

I ordered my 2007 custom from the factory. No exaggeration, took 4 full months. Well worth it, but sheesh! (headshake

Oh, and as an FYI, it took Toyota about four hours to assemble an Altezza (Lexus IS300) from the point where the build order was entered in the computer to the car driving off the assembly line. It was mind blowing the first time I entered an assembly plant.

Wow! That's quite something.

I guess the 2008 MZ5's will arrive when they arrive.

I ordered my 2007 custom from the factory. No exaggeration, took 4 full months. Well worth it, but sheesh! (headshake

(boom01) Glad that I'm not looking for a custom car then! That's a hell of a wait.

("Almost as long as I've had to wait", says Mrs. SparkyBhoy in the background (yawn))

Back