Not so Special Edition Cars

I'm not at all suprised by the loss of value on those cars. Special paint/wheels is not exactly an upgraded car. Basically you pay for the right to own a car that is a different color than you are going to regularily see. Now a car with some power upgrades is going to definetly hold its value better. Concider the SRT4 (very good resale). MS3/MS6 have even so far, held their value over the regular cars.

Yeah, when I read that I realized that none of those cars were a performance variant of their parent vehicle. I think the only one on there was the Bullitt, but it was only slightly bumped up engine tune. As far as the MS cars go, I can only forsee the MSP being the one that gets hit hardest. It was done as an afterthought, where the MS3 and MS6 we're built right from the factory with the goodies on them.

hrm. Somehow I doubt the number of my mazdaspeed models outnumbers any of those, or even hold a candle the number. mass production of limited edition cars....or actual limited numbers. they'd prolly lose more value initially but later down the road retain some value as a collectors piece as more get wrecked or disappear whatever. I'm still not holding my breath or anything...It'll prolly be my super great grandchildren that'll see the value of my car go up. lol. and thats if I put her in a glass house now.

Back