noobie, v8 rx7 just dropped my motor off at machine shop.

88rx7v8

hello forum new the mazda world. just traded a car for one 3 day ago. it had a v8 in it well kinda he pulled the motor after he spun some rod bearing. so i took it off his hands and it is now in my garage waiting to be put back together. yesturday i played hooky from work and took my motor up to ross auto machine. he said the guy i bought the engine off was full of crap and he ruined all the new parts on the motor he put on. the guy i bought it from told me he just had it bored and all that good stuff. the guy at the machine shop said no way. he said it looked like there was about 40k on the motor and it was put together all wrong. there were no hone marks or machine marks on the pistons or cylinder. anyway, i told him i'd like to get an honest 300hp and be able to do a 100 shot of NOS he said the forged stuff would up the price and said "let me show what i can do" so we went and sat down and he went through everything he would do to the motor with my budget. and said i'll have "at least 375hp" i said sold!!!!!! lol lol i will have the engine back end of next week. i'm so excited, total bill is 1300$ my wife is going to kill me lol lol lol lol "i all ready paid it, so it's a done deal honey" lol lol i do know the owner of the machine shop and have had two friends use his services so i dont think he's taking me for a ride. anyway does anyone know if i will have a problem getting a 700r4 trans in this car? also any suggestions on keeping this motor cool? thanks for reading and thanks for any input.

brian

Horsepower people like to put V8s in RX-7s, Mazda people think that the V8 disrespects the RX-7. Go find and rebuild a 13B. I'd rather watch the tack read 9K than hit a button to reach 5.2K.

Sorry I have to agree with both... Get that heavy nsty ass american muscle out of there and drive the car like it was meant to be drivin with a Wankle at 8K...

Ahhh, purists. How about getting the nasty American muscle(FORD) out of Mazda all the way accross the board. I know his car is bastardized but isn't the whole company when FORD's hand is allowed in it? Can he get a dependable 13b with that amount of hp for anywhere near that price? What's the big deal if it isn't being slipped by someone at Barret-Jackson as a numbers matching vehicle? Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't do it but WTF? Do you really consider a Toyota built in American plants a Japanese car or an American car? WTF is purely anything anymore for less than $100k? I'm fixin to do a 13b Cobalt, how about that?......................Not really. The rotary ones are still cooler but hey, his car, unique, whatever. Might not corner worth a **** anymore but there's always the strip. Drive on. As for his question about cooling, get a good radiator & electric fans.

Last edited:
Horsepower people like to put V8s in RX-7s, Mazda people think that the V8 disrespects the RX-7. Go find and rebuild a 13B. I'd rather watch the tack read 9K than hit a button to reach 5.2K.

Some V8's can rev past 10k or higher, depending on how they are built. IMO, horsepower is horsepower no matter what in, or how it made. Good luck wth getting the engine rebuilt. Please post pictures when you get a chance.

Check this site for additional help or parts

http://www.grannysspeedshop.com/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back