Noob question

A turbo-back system is basically what it states. It replaces your entire exhaust from turbo, and back. So meaning, your downpipe, midpipe, and catback. The catback is merely the exhaust tubing that hooks up from your midpipe and out to your exhaust tip. Very little gains will be had with just a catback(but it will sound nice). You're going to see huge power gains buy getting the whole package, or just the downpipe and testpipe, but unfortunately, depending on what state you live in, it is technically illegal.

Any Idea how to tell if it's legal in my state? (texas) and if it is do they check s*** like that in most inspections?

Cat back change (CBE) alone nets just about no horsepower or torque gain whatsoever, unless you are already modded up the wazoo and making north of 300 whp. That's how good the stock CBE flows.

As stated above, the real restriction is in the stock DP and RP, and the restriction is very significant. So aftermarket dp/rp produces those gains.

Unless you want to change the sound of your exhaust system, you can save a lot of money and still get all of the gains of the dp/rp upgrade by just replacing those parts and hooking back into the stock CBE. There are a number of options available for this from different manufacturers.

I don't know about Texas state emissions control checks. You'll have to ask Texas members who have done the mod to tell you whether you need cats or not, whether there is an inspection of exhaust, how they do it, etc. In my state they don't check.

The best value is to just replace the downpipe and midpipe and keep the stock CBE. I'm assuming you already have some form of good aftermarket intake, which is absolutely needed to take advantage of the increased flow on the exhaust side.

Back