noob question help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol duh im 16 how do you expect a 16 year old to drive? like a conservative old man?

man if you with your friends at like 1 in the morning in a empty "wet" parking lot. what do you do? drive slowly through the parking lot in the designated lanes?

beating around the car is "F" "U" "N" fun!

thats how I got my first ticket,(doh) trust me its not as fun as what your risking, and the amount of stress you put on the car. 6 points on your liscense is not worth 3 seconds of "dude are you ready we're about to do this!!" followed by one second of "screeeech" and some mild g-forces. Yes I was 16 too and now I'm 17, just telling you that you should enjoy your car the way its ment to be driven, rippin' through the twisties, not J turns in a parking lot right after it rained.

and the p5 handles like a dream. i went through 2 sets of tires already in a year. i beat teh living hell out of the car and it keeps up. my fam bought the car for 13 out teh door. 03 silver p5 base. tip tronic works good. great for ebrake turns! but when i turn 18 i plan to auto x with it.

thanks alot guys

From the way it sounds, you are not going to have a chance to auto-x with this car in two years. It also seems as if you don't care, since your 'fam' bought it and you have "F" "U" "N" beating on it!

Not trying to be a dick but I would have been very thankful if my fam would have bought me such a nice car for me to drive around at 16. Stop beating on the car and go out and take a run thru some twisties!!! A lot more fun than pulling the e-brake in parking lots!

lol duh im 16 how do you expect a 16 year old to drive? like a conservative old man?

man if you with your friends at like 1 in the morning in a empty "wet" parking lot. what do you do? drive slowly through the parking lot in the designated lanes?

In time youll learn and realize just how stupid you were to do those stupid ebrake turns. My friends dad bought him a brand new 06 corolla s, decent little car, know what happened to it? He did that stupid ebrake s*** and tried to show off and ****** up his car, over 1500 to fix everything and I bet he didnt even learn his lesson. Have fun ******* up one of the most fun cars to drive while its driveable, soon youll be ridin the bus asking the driver to pull the ebrake

dude, this isnt high school... everything you are doing, we've seen, done, heard about, and ultimately are done with... this also isnt hollywood... so stop doing the fast and furious crap... most of that was computer graphics

wanna do ebrake turns? buy a geo metro, want to drive? you'll learn with the 5...

been there done that with the ebrake turns. its not worth it on this car. youre more likely to royally **** something up then have a good time.
im gonna have to agree wtih everyone on this, run it through the twistes and get to know the car. to hell with rippin the ebrake in a parking lot

ok back to the topic, best and cheapest mods for more power, rr racing underdrive pulley, about 150 after buying belts, header maybe around 250, catback system, intake, the best bang for your buck i would say is the pulley.

maby its cos i drive a uk spec 323 sport, or maby its cos we dont have massive muscle cars over here. but my p5 323 etc isnt that slow to be honest dont get me wrong its not fast but for the money and looks its pretty good. ive got obx header - well cheap for the gains u get, injen, also it sounds amasing, a bit on the expensive side but 7 bhp from an induction kit is well good in my books lol , also go the racing beat, again sounds amasing, also the engine mounts make a well good diffrence. running around 155bhp. thats around 500 english pounds of performance mods there abouts for 25bhp, not bad ?

:bs:
IHE != 25hp.

he's in the UK so they have alot less strict emissions rules so they probably don't have certain things we do that rob power. IE: catalytic converter, carbon box etc. I think they also have more octaine in their gas.

he's in the UK so they have alot less strict emissions rules so they probably don't have certain things we do that rob power. IE: catalytic converter, carbon box etc. I think they also have more octaine in their gas.

yes, true

i'll post the graph up.

we run 2 cats over here like u guys, obx takes the first one away. fuel could be the diffrence we do run 97 + octaine. :)

pretty much 130hp isnt doing much for me.

i need to put something in my car for the extra ZOOM ZOOM

i mean anything less then 200. im not gunna put a turbo or anything like that. i want a good lightweight mod i can do for a little more power.

basically. what can i put into my car to make it faster? without totally changing the car itself

i love questions like these..."hey i want to spend 0-100 bucks, but I want to be as quick as an EVO"

You probably cant get anything for less than 200 bucks that does anything unless you buy an intake and that will maybe get you 5whp...You gotta pay to play man.

After reading through this whole thread I feel bad for the fact that you dont have any respect for the car your family bought you. It seems like you dont care if you **** it up because 1.)you didnt pay for it and 2.) you know that if you **** it up mommy and daddy will pay for it.

I dont say this to be a dick at all man, but you should respect the fact that youre lucky enough to have a car at 16. Not a lot of us get to say that...I know at 16 I didnt have a car. And seriously if you take good enough care of that car then when you are ready to trade it in you can get more $ for it towards a car that you want. Your parents probably worked real hard to afford that car and some other nice things for you and I bet you that they wouldnt be too happy if they saw what you were doing in wet parking lots to their 13,000 dollar investment.

o i love how you guys are the "this stupid kid" type of guys

even though, not to brag but i am the best driver out of my whole highschool. and have beat many cars in the high way."obviously not in a straight line. srt4, g35, cooper S, and accords.

i baby this car alot. i give it a car wash every week. i pay for everything else in the car. gas/ insurance and other crap. wheels are spotless with oil, engine management is checked every 2 weeks(liquid checks)

so mr.jump to conclusion this kid is a ricer type of driver. and supposidly "want it to be just as fast as an evo" isnt that type of guy. evo's suck

im a car enthusiast been into car since i was 3. i know basic car upgrades but wanted to ask a more experienced p5 owners what's best for the car. im a daily fifth gear and top gear watcher and i subscribe to motor trend and car and driver. i also work on my brothers car. which is a subi. wrx and could probably own 85% of this forum.

i guess going here wasnt such a good idk becuase there a bunch of dicks on here. thanks anyways.

look its nothing personal, but we take it personal when we hear that one of our beloved p5s is being abused, just because you change the oil and do basic maintanence doesnt mean your not abusing your car, thats besides the point. We are a mazda community here and the way you came off to us is this kid that doesnt know the value of money, or a car, or their parents money of have any responsibility, when a lot of us on this forum would have loved to have a car as nice as the p5 when we were kids. Look im in the same boat as you, im 19, i drove a crappy 91 mercury sable for 6 months and then my parents bought me a p5 at the end of the summer after i graduated last year. Im so thankful for the car and I guess its just upsetting the way you came off to the people on this forum. Lemme give you one example and then ill stop yapping, my girlfriend is 16, shell be 17 in a month and will be graduating this summer, her parents are really rich, theyre basically going to buy her any car she wants which will probably be a g35, she looks at my car and thinks its just "tolerable" she doesnt even see it as a decent car even after i put many hours into it making it my own invididual car, each time she rides in it she says "is your engine gonna blow up? gosh" just because i have to get a bit high revving to merge and stuff like that. The topper is that she knows nothing about cars and doesnt care for them at all, she doesnt know when the last oil change was or even undersandt a basic concept of a car, her moms car hasnt been waxed in over 2 years and now the paint is flaking off. So in closing i guess its just the way you came off to this forum, just like my girlfriend we feel like maybe you dont appreciate and respect what you have like you should

trust me i respect my car. i know ebrake turn sre really bad. obviously a couple inst gunne destroy the the car.but its just typical 16 year old mentality

as for my friends. one of my friends got a Brand new pilot fully loaded navi back up camera everything. first week redline's every turn. last week he just got a brand new g35 fully loaded. keeping his pilot for the winter. and? redlined. brought it up to 120 out the dealer. still less then 300 miles. he had 2 accident both on the rear bumper.

i dont beat my car up. i drive very conservatively and use tiptronic every time. shift about or less then 2.5k i bearly ever pass 4k. i race when a douche bag friend says your car is a peice of crap. i never challnge anyone since i know my 130hp cant beat anything in a striaght line. i def appreciate what i have and tell my friends about how good this car is. people really underestimate this car. i love it to death and glad to say i own a protege 5. so dont get me wrong by me saying im 16 and i ebrake. it does as much damage as going into a sharp turn fast which i know you guys do.

its a easy question i though i'd get striaght answers but iguess it was my fault for adding the other posts.

hey refer to my post a whie back, i listed some stuff, the attitude of this post and your first and second posts are very different

thanks guys.

well i know protege's arent fast lol but they are quick

i beat my friends stock 07 civic. 140 hp VTECCC lol

thanks fro the replies and i guess modding the p5 isnt teh best idea.

well i guess i'll look into an intake probably wont do much but o well.

and the p5 handles like a dream. i went through 2 sets of tires already in a year. i beat teh living hell out of the car and it keeps up. my fam bought the car for 13 out teh door. 03 silver p5 base. tip tronic works good. great for ebrake turns! but when i turn 18 i plan to auto x with it.

thanks alot guys
you baby the car a lot???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back