Noob question about AC

Rjvid

:
Mazda Protege/323f 2.0
Hi guys, just wondering if the heater in the Protgs is connected to the AC?

no, the only thing connected to heater and a/c is blend door. what is your issue? if we knew that we could be of further assistance

I am thinking about removing my air con pump and all the gubbins to save some weight. Only problem is its cold almost all the time in the UK. And I don't really want to lose my heater...

Thanks for the replies guys! :)

It can be done. Some people remove their A/C compressor because they have modified their exhaust and are running a turbo while others want to remove for weight just as you want to. Use the search button I have seen it on some forums because someone already figured out what belt size you will need once the compressor is removed and the pulley set-up.

I could never remove mine even though I hardly use it. I do tend to need mine for removing the fog on the windows as I live in Florida where the constant rain makes it very muggy and causes my windows to fog up.

It can be done. Some people remove their A/C compressor because they have modified their exhaust and are running a turbo while others want to remove for weight just as you want to. Use the search button I have seen it on some forums because someone already figured out what belt size you will need once the compressor is removed and the pulley set-up.

I could never remove mine even though I hardly use it. I do tend to need mine for removing the fog on the windows as I live in Florida where the constant rain makes it very muggy and causes my windows to fog up.

I would never remove mine. FL gets hit with 80+ weather most of the year so a/c down here is a must.

Back