noise on highway. dynamat?

VPower

Contributor
:
2003.P5
Ok guys...

First, I really love my car, the look, the handling. Well, you know what i mean. Power? I dont really need it...right now, it's enough for me.

BUT, I found my P5 noisy on the highway.
I think the worse is road noise...not the engine or the windnoise.
I'm still running on the stock dunlop tires.. Do you guys think if i switch tires, it would be beter?

I heard the "dynamat" product. is it really working? I would like to get some feedback about it.

Oh yeah, anyone knows where I can get that in MONTREAL, CANADA?:D

Haven't had this problem.

I don't get the chance to hear the road noise because the wind noise from my roof racks is too loud :D

i know what you mean man, the road noise in my MSP sux. and it sucked even worse when my cd player broke (already on my 3 radio from mazda) and i had no music for a week!!

As far as the dynamat goes havent heard to much on it. i know a few people with it, basically for there systems they had and from what i have noticed it worked for them pretty well

But I'm very curious about the dynamat (spray? floor?)

any feedback on that is welcome!

i lined the entire floor with dyno mat.
very expensive.
if i were you go to an upolstry place that does custom interoirs and have them use there own sound profing material with a vapor barrier. its much cheaper and works good for road noise.
then i added molding to the doors all the way around to seel it because i found the majority of the noise was leaking in from there.

just the dyno mat itself was 500 dollars.
the install was free because i put my own labor into it.

500 us is acceptable for me.

I really need a place here in Montreal, where I can see the "other" products.

I know you're asking about road noise...

...but I put dynomat xtreme in the ceiling. Noticed a definite improvement in the loudness of the bass from my subs. The hole ceiling kit retails for...I'm guessing...$80.00 to $100.00.

Luckily, my buddy can get stuff wholesale. Cost my $25.00, and I still have a piece (18" x 32") left over.

guys guys guys... I need to get to know your friends...hahaha

going to check again in phone book...

I am installing dynamat extreme on my doors on Wednesday. I am covering the entire 4 doors. I'll let you all know how it works out. Best, Jusden

Back