No New Mazda2 for the United States

Because we dont constitute the majority of consumers who buy their cars. Just like all the people on Honda and Toyota forums and the people who leave comments on youtube videos about how "Honda sucks now" or "Toyota needs to go back to their roots of making small sporty cars" blah blah blah.

These car companies do not give a s*** about the minority of "tuners" who want to relive the good old days and have fun taking corners. lol They care about making money, dude. This is global capitalism, not "make everyone happy" economics.

Remember when we used actually manufacture things in this country? When the thousands of jobs were outsourced outside of our borders and millions of people who over the decades lost their middle class income, and their ability to support their families, complained about it, the corporations did not have meetings and say to themselves "you know, what we are doing to these people in our own country is morally unacceptable, lets bring these jobs back here so we can keep these people happy and their families can prosper". Again, its capitalist greed at its finest. And with this type of economic system, there will always be people who will suffer.

Mazda does not care about making current Mazda 2 owners happy in America, they care about how much profit they can earn. Once you get into the mindset of understanding globalization and dog eat dog capitalism, you'll better understand the motivations behind these companies' decisions.

I think the only way the 2 would come to the US would be through importing units from Asia. Given afaik mazda only few years ago bought back most of their company from Ford they seem to be really keeping it safe. tbh the 2 didn't seem to sell all too well in the US, while right now I can count 4 other 2 owners that go to my university. Considering that the new2 is on a different platform with supposedly different engines and transmissions that would mean a huge investment in retooling their current plants in America. That's a big ask from a company that isn't under a corporate umbrella.

Ah! You saw that too Andres? Those guys in Thailand work FAST!! :)

I will wait....

10959630_10155139024140357_5121434445502339423_n.jpg

Andres

I complete understand globalization and that it's all about the money. I'm just being a taaaaaad bit sarcastic, but also annoyed by Mazda. I can't love or hate Mazda more.

Here's the thing though. It's officially been announced that the new Mazda 2 will be made in Mexico. The new 2 is notches above the current one and all current reviews of the new 2 are saying that. That it now aligns with its competitors in overall quality.

I think the only way the 2 would come to the US would be through importing units from Asia. Given afaik mazda only few years ago bought back most of their company from Ford they seem to be really keeping it safe. tbh the 2 didn't seem to sell all too well in the US, while right now I can count 4 other 2 owners that go to my university. Considering that the new2 is on a different platform with supposedly different engines and transmissions that would mean a huge investment in retooling their current plants in America. That's a big ask from a company that isn't under a corporate umbrella.

Dear Mazda,

Please put this concept into production, call it the Mazdaspeed2 and sell it in North America.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
The Mazdas247 Community

:p

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f_pjHJYouMg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Been saving this video haven't you Antoine? :) It looks very good. How was it in person? Did you get the feeling that it was notches above the current one? How did it look in person? Less bubbly? Long hood? How was the stance?

I hope Mazda thinks the same as we do. I'd like Mazda to show a bit more balls, do what Ford is doing.

Dear Mazda,

Please put this concept into production, call it the Mazdaspeed2 and sell it in North America.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
The Mazdas247 Community

:p

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f_pjHJYouMg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Last edited:
"is calculated to shake up the market for small, practical runabouts."

I had yet another epiphany - the Mazda2 sedan variant was that was debuted in Thailand is curiously indicative of a B-segment vehicle headed for the USA. Traditionally superminis limited to say Europe and the Asian markets forgo the sedan variant as it doesn't sell nearly as well. Hence, why the previous generation Mazda2 only came in a hatch. Sedans are stereotypically American. I take this to be further evidence this redesign is headed our way as Mazda hopes to compete with the current B-segment king, the Ford Fiesta (which also comes in both a sedan and hatch).

I had yet another epiphany - the Mazda2 sedan variant was that was debuted in Thailand is curiously indicative of a B-segment vehicle headed for the USA. Traditionally superminis limited to say Europe and the Asian markets forgo the sedan variant as it doesn't sell nearly as well. Hence, why the previous generation Mazda2 only came in a hatch. Sedans are stereotypically American. I take this to be further evidence this redesign is headed our way as Mazda hopes to compete with the current B-segment king, the Ford Fiesta (which also comes in both a sedan and hatch).
Oddly enough, the Mirage sedan G4 is supposed to debut in NA this summer, where as the hatchback was available NA but the sedan and hatchback available elsewhere.

Hmm the big question is should I tear another one apart to make a new B-Spec car...

Back