No more sand leather with the Black Mica

Bon Scott

Contributor
:
2014.5 CX-5 GT AWD
Was cruising Mazda Canada's website earlier today at work and noticed they no longer offer the sand leather interior for the black mica 2015 GT model. I bought my 2014.5 at the end of February, specifically wanting the sand leather on black mica (I really like the contrast). I was told by one dealership it would be impossible to find...and ended up purchasing mine from another dealership who told me there was only 2 left in all of Canada...and had mine railed in from Vancouver (had 4 kms on it when I took delivery). Anyone else out there with sand leather on black mica?? Consider it a rarity.

Zoom Zoom!!

Bon

Bingo.

20,000 miles later and still looking brand new. No stains or wrinkles. I clean and condition them religiously though. Also I try to lay a towel on the seat bottom as often as possible to prevent jean dye stains. Love the contrast in comparison to the all black everything.

And I thought Mazda interior/exterior color combinations were limited! For 2015, all GS models have BLACK Cloth (SAND Cloth is no longer available) and Crystal White Pearl is the only color GT that offers a choice between BLACK or SAND Leather...all other GT models have BLACK Leather mandatory!

Here in the US, you can choose between BLACK or SAND Cloth on Touring (similar to GS) models in Crystal White Pearl, Jet Black or Soul Red and the new 'Deep Crystal Blue' has SAND Cloth standard. Grand Touring models offer BLACK or SAND Leather on Crystal White Peal and Jet Black models and SAND Leather is standard with Deep Crystal Blue.

The BLACK interior in the CX-5 (and the new Mazda6) is almost too stark, even in Leather. When I bought my 2012 CX-9, even though I've always preferred dark-colored interiors, the acres of Black leather and plastic was too drab for me. I went with the Sand Leather instead (but I'm not sure I'd do it again because it's a pain to keep clean)!

But on the 2013 CX-9, Mazda added suede inserts to the Black Leather seats as well as contrasting red-stitching. They also added suede trim to the door panels and it looks amazing! They should really consider giving the CX-5's All-BLACK interior a similar upgrade- I'd buy one! =)

Back