No "memory" when using the MP3 input with flash drive

:
2010 CX-9 GT, 2014 Mazda6 GT
Not "resuming playback" when using the MP3 input with flash drive

As the title says my 6 GT doesn't resume playback at the song that was playing when the ignition is turned off. I had an aftermarket Clarion in my 06 Mazda3 that could do this. it is a pain when the flash drive has many songs on it to push the forward or reverse button 30+ times to find where I left off when I re-start the car.

Perhaps I am missing something here, so I'm wondering if anyone else experienced this and whether I'm missing a setting that would remember the file that is playing.

Edit: changed title and wording for clarity

Last edited:
This is a design flaw that exists in the 2014 CX5, 2013 CX9 and 2014 Mazda6. There may be other models but these three I am sure of. Many of us 2014 CX5 owners have logged complaints to Mazda regarding this but so far their response has been that the stereo was designed that way. Of course that is bulls*** but I assume if they admit they F-ed up they might be on the hook to replace everyone's head unit ,which would be costly for them. So I say keep complaining about it to Mazda. If enough of us are persistent about this I am hopeful something will eventually get done about it.This should be a basic function of a modern day head unit and it's very damn annoying.

Latest posts

Back