No boost on dashhawk

djza2u1

:
08 Black MS3
Does anyone know why i cannot get a boost read out on the Gen II dashhawk. There is not "boost" paramater to pick in the screen. Please help!

Right click on EXE file, select the compatibility tab, then click on 'Run this program in compatilbility mode'.

I did the upgrade but it could not get it to work on vista, i had to use another computer with xp (just like with my cobb ap). If you go to the dashhawk forum they will give you a step by step but it did not work for me.
suggestion: ditch vista and get xp.

What's the differece between "boost/vacuum" and "boost psi"?

Boost PSI reads just that... the Boost level. So, when the car is in vacuum, it will just read zero. Boost/Vacuum will read the amount of boost in PSIg when pressure exceeds atmospheric (or 0 PSIg) and read inHg of vacuum when pressure is below atmospheric. I think most people view/log Boost/Vacuum because we obviously don't spend all the time in boost and knowing the level of vacuum is useful information.

Boost PSI reads just that... the Boost level. So, when the car is in vacuum, it will just read zero. Boost/Vacuum will read the amount of boost in PSIg when pressure exceeds atmospheric (or 0 PSIg) and read inHg of vacuum when pressure is below atmospheric. I think most people view/log Boost/Vacuum because we obviously don't spend all the time in boost and knowing the level of vacuum is useful information.

Thank you!

I gotta get a Dashhawk...Honestly I just wish it looked a little diffrent...I know I'm too picky.

You need to get one even if it cost 299. If you are running any kind of tune, it is a must. And it looks awesome with the matching color.

Attachments

• DSCN0365.JPG
    DSCN0365.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 353
I had to use my mother's old computer once I got my new PC with Vista installed. Couldn't get it to work right. Wish they would have made a fix so it would work with Vista, but they're done developing for it so it looks like that won't happen.

I had to use my mother's old computer once I got my new PC with Vista installed. Couldn't get it to work right. Wish they would have made a fix so it would work with Vista, but they're done developing for it so it looks like that won't happen.

My DH works fine with Vista...

My DH works fine with Vista...

Count yourself lucky. I am running Vista SP1 64-bit which I realize has issues with the drivers not being signed... but even disabling the signing requirement during boot (F8, disable driver signing) the install goes fine. Try to load the software... and it immediately crashes. I have UAC disabled and run the install and executable 'as administrator.' Nothing works. I get an error "USB Interface Utility for the DashHawk has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." There was someone on the MSD forums running XP with the exact same problem. MSD has been mute on the problem.

I gave up and just downloaded the trial version of VMWare Workstation and used my old Win2k CD to create a VM to access my DH. Annoys the crap out of me but since MSD ain't providing any support or any signed drivers, it's my only option.

Back