no ac/no parts

08 CX9 in South Florida with no ac under warranty.

The front ac stopped working last week except sometimes it would come on after you hit a bump. I drop it off at the dealer and a few hours later i get a phone call "we have bad news". The blower motor is not working and its on national backorder for three weeks!

Now this is a problem in S.Fla.

How about a loaner I ask. Oh we don't have loaners but we'll show you a trick to keep the motor working. If the motor stops give it a couple of kicks.
It is located under the left side of the glove compartment by the firewall.

Well on my 500 mile trip this weekend I must of kicked it 30 times. It starts,runs a little while,stops, kick.

Not what I want in a $40,000 car

I emailed customer service about a loaner with no luck.I am now waiting for a call back from Linda at Mazda corporate who they tell me speaks for the president. They didn't tell me president of what.

The only good thing is that the rear ac works so my kids no longer fight to ride shotgun, although I do have to bring in a designated kicker while I'm driving!

Two more weeks to go

08 CX9 in South Florida with no ac under warranty.

The front ac stopped working last week except sometimes it would come on after you hit a bump. I drop it off at the dealer and a few hours later i get a phone call "we have bad news". The blower motor is not working and its on national backorder for three weeks!

Now this is a problem in S.Fla.

How about a loaner I ask. Oh we don't have loaners but we'll show you a trick to keep the motor working. If the motor stops give it a couple of kicks.
It is located under the left side of the glove compartment by the firewall.

Well on my 500 mile trip this weekend I must of kicked it 30 times. It starts,runs a little while,stops, kick.

Not what I want in a $40,000 car

I emailed customer service about a loaner with no luck.I am now waiting for a call back from Linda at Mazda corporate who they tell me speaks for the president. They didn't tell me president of what.

The only good thing is that the rear ac works so my kids no longer fight to ride shotgun, although I do have to bring in a designated kicker while I'm driving!

Two more weeks to go

Sorry about your situation. If the part is on National Back-Order, its probably because they were having problems with them (as you are) and either pulled the inventory to quality check them and are awaiting release or Mazda is having a different vendor make the part/s for them and is also awaiting release. Pretty normal in the OEM parts business ( I speak of experience).

At any rate, the whole situtation is pretty hilarious...

*dealer tells you they will show you a trick on how to keep it running...the trick is kick the $hit out of it...LMAO!

*on a 500 miles trip you had to kick it 30 times...LMAO!

*designated kicker while driving...LMAO!

Please don't take this the wrong way, its just too hilarious.

part is now due in on the 29th

never received a call back from Mazda corporate.

blower motor is just about dead. It no longer responds to beatings.

part is now due in on the 29th

never received a call back from Mazda corporate.

blower motor is just about dead. It no longer responds to beatings.

Maybe offer a glass of wine, whisper sweet things to it? (kiss)

Sorry about your issue. We're heading out this Monday on a 10-day National Park cruise and Shakespeare Festival throughout Utah and Arizona. It will be hot--would seriously suck if 9 lost A/C!

This reminds the time my friend took his truck on a trip to Death Valley and his A/C broke during the trip. He came back half cooked and needed 2wks to recover from all the heat problem.

After a couple of more calls to Mazda corporate last week they relented and rented me a Ford Explorer. Made life much cooler!

Today the blower motor came in and I got my CX9 back just in time for another weekend trip.

I actually enjoyed driving the explorer. It was pretty quiet and in basic trim pretty comfortable, but none to speedy.

So another two months left on my lease and the search starts.

Back