No 2017 Manual in the US?!

I verified with another dealership, seems no manual for the 2017 CX-5's. Not that this can't change in the future, but it won't be available for 2017 models (verified by two dealerships, one of which reached up to double-check with their representative). I'll have a 2016.5 Manual in my driveway by nightfall! Can't resist the idea of rowing my own gears and (occasionally) getting mid-30's mpg on my highway drive to work.

For what its worth, the auto gets better mpg than manual.

fingers crossed.
diesel manual AWD?

In Europe the manual transmission makes the sluggish diesel a lot quicker.

9.4s to 62MPH with the automatic..
8.8s with the manual.

from what ive seen online our 155hp manual does 8.9-9.4sec ,i would never buy a small engine with an automatic as its saps all the power from it. rowing gears is simply the best.

I verified with another dealership, seems no manual for the 2017 CX-5's. Not that this can't change in the future, but it won't be available for 2017 models (verified by two dealerships, one of which reached up to double-check with their representative). I'll have a 2016.5 Manual in my driveway by nightfall! Can't resist the idea of rowing my own gears and (occasionally) getting mid-30's mpg on my highway drive to work.
You bought that? Like they know... they are clueless... they just want you to buy the 2016...

You bought that? Like they know... they are clueless... they just want you to buy the 2016...

If you really want a manual and you want good audio, go with the '16.

I went aftermarket on the audio and got better sound than the highest Mazda offering. Plus you could get Carplay or Android Auto if you desire and still have a manual.
$1300 more will get you that with Katzkin.

If you really want a manual and you want good audio, go with the '16.

I went aftermarket on the audio and got better sound than the highest Mazda offering. Plus you could get Carplay or Android Auto if you desire and still have a manual.
$1300 more will get you that with Katzkin.
Yeah, but we don't even know what audio setup will come with the '17 manual, so not sure how you can say go with the 16 when you don't even know what comes with the 17.

But, that's cool you upgraded the audio on the 16 manual, still get the bluetooth connectivity? Also, what about the screen? the manual 16 doesn't have a display or touch screen other than the monochromatic one... Post some pics of your upgrade if you can, that would be cool to check out...

Yeah, but we don't even know what audio setup will come with the '17 manual, so not sure how you can say go with the 16 when you don't even know what comes with the 17.

But, that's cool you upgraded the audio on the 16 manual, still get the bluetooth connectivity? Also, what about the screen? the manual 16 doesn't have a display or touch screen other than the monochromatic one... Post some pics of your upgrade if you can, that would be cool to check out...

You are correct that we do not know what the 2017 manual will come with, but I wouldn't trade any well configured quality aftermarket system for any OEM I've heard. The 2017 will have the tablet style interface and not accept a double din unit. I could go on and on, but this member has the latest unit with good photos: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123858737-iDatalink-meastro-w-Pioneer-on-2014-CX-5

Soon, the clutch pedal will BE the theft deterrent.

wtf? two brake pedals??

Aftermarket Infotainment System Installed on a 2016 CX-5 Sport

⋯ But, that's cool you upgraded the audio on the 16 manual, still get the bluetooth connectivity? Also, what about the screen? the manual 16 doesn't have a display or touch screen other than the monochromatic one... Post some pics of your upgrade if you can, that would be cool to check out...
You are correct that we do not know what the 2017 manual will come with, but I wouldn't trade any well configured quality aftermarket system for any OEM I've heard. The 2017 will have the tablet style interface and not accept a double din unit. I could go on and on, but this member has the latest unit with good photos: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123858737-iDatalink-meastro-w-Pioneer-on-2014-CX-5
Here is excellent write up by RG_Flyer who installed an aftermarket infotainment system into his 2016 CX-5 Sport. In addition to BlueTooth connection and color touch screen, I believe RG_Flyer also figured out a way to make steering wheel audio controls work with the system! (cool)

Finally! The correct parts for the 2016 CX-5 Sport:

If you want a 2.5L 6MT, get the Mazda3 wagon. Looks like a squashed CX-5 to me anyway, and probably has almost as much utility!

2014-Mazda-3-2.5L-hatchback-placement-626x382.jpg

If you want a 2.5L 6MT, get the Mazda3 wagon. Looks like a squashed CX-5 to me anyway, and probably has almost as much utility!

2014-Mazda-3-2.5L-hatchback-placement-626x382.jpg

Mazda 3 has less storage space and less ground clearance. For those of us who do frequent back-country trips, the ground clearance is very important -- it's the single reason why I sold my Hyundai Elantra GT for the CX-5. Hearing your car get scraped going over rocks is a nail-biting experience.

Mazda 3 has less storage space and less ground clearance. For those of us who do frequent back-country trips, the ground clearance is very important -- it's the single reason why I sold my Hyundai Elantra GT for the CX-5. Hearing your car get scraped going over rocks is a nail-biting experience.
in addition to more space and higher ground clearance on CX-5, AWD option on CX-5 is another important advantage! :)

Personal preference I guess, I never felt AWD was totally necessary. And I drive a lowered Integra so pretty much anything else has more ground clearance. :p

Personal preference I guess, I never felt AWD was totally necessary. And I drive a lowered Integra so pretty much anything else has more ground clearance. :p
Haven't been seeing you posting for a while ⋯ :)

Yeah I've been focused on my bicycles specifically my new e-bike conversion lately, using BikeForums and ElectricBike.com forums.

Back