nice surprise in the mail

i took delivery of my car in December of '02 and up to now, i haven't gotten a bottle of touch up paint.

I filled out the survey too.......

Nothing!

i got one in the glove box when i drove out and another in the mail as part of a welcome kit. doesn't matter though, the stuff is absolute s***. i tried it on my car and its about like white out. nice gesture i guess

Limited Edition said:
i took delivery of my car in December of '02 and up to now, i haven't gotten a bottle of touch up paint.

I filled out the survey too.......

Nothing!

Interesting.....in Canada most of us got a set of his / hers mazdaspeed watches.

I finally get my gift!

oliver2000 said:
Interesting.....in Canada most of us got a set of his / hers mazdaspeed watches.

I think Mazda reads this forum. Yesterday, i got my his/her watch from Mazda with a nice lettering apologizing for the long delay and wait for my Mazdaspeed Protege.

I wonder why it took soo long for me to finally receiev my his/her ms watches...i guess they must have sent them all out at once, waiting for those '03.5 guys to get there cars too.

Still no touch up paint though..and it's very likely i won't get another package like this. Oh well, i'm happy with what i got.

damn, I never got anything from Mazda, nothing after owning my protege5 for almost a year and then a little over 3 full months of my mazdaspeed, still nothing. :(

I bought my car in early February? I got the bottle of yellow paint and a little blue mazda logo'd keyfob in May/June? The keychain thing is still in the bubblewrap in my elbow console but the touchup paint has been used a couple times. I just thin it out and use with my airbrush on the gazillion stone chips I have on the nose of my car. It is perfectly colormatched to the paint. That and thin coat of clear it works perfectly. Mazda has been doing this for a long time. I got a bottle or silver in the dash of my '80 RX7 and a bottle of blue in my '87 RX7 but didn't get one for my '01 Mazda MPV? Silver matched perfectly, Blue did not... It is a nice gesture of Mazda considering how easily their paint chips.

i never recieved s*** for my car. not even a thank u letter or a simple zoom zoom sticker. fucken mazda of hawaii. such bulls***... but congrats man :) - chris

Speaking of surprises, I bought my car in April and just NOW finally got a letter from Sirius saying I can get a free tuner and antenna from them!!! Most people got them within a month or 2 of buying their car!!! WTF. Glad I got it, albeit late though.:)

I want paint. A week after buying my car, the dealer sent me a bunch of cookies to thank me for the busniess, grabbed some milk and had a snack. :D

Had my MSP since April..no survey, no touchup paint, one phone call from the stealership after I took it in for a 2000 mile oil change.

And on an off-topic note, called the dealer to see about the flash, "Oh, our machine is broken, we can't do any work like that until it's fixed". I ask when that will be.."We really don't know, we just don't use that equipment much".

Ain't that a note?

Looks like I'll be driving across town to the dealer that has done a few already.

-Lyserjic

SpicyO #1291

Man I haven't recieved any touch up paint yet. However I did recieve two mazdaspeed watches. Pretty cool. One for a female and one for a male.

Hm.. we've only had ours since mid-August but I'll keep an eye out for some free gear.

As for the Sirius, our car had a little card dangling from the mirror when we bought it, and the salesman pointed out it was for the free Sirius antenna and tuner if we just call the number. Which we did!
:D

I'd still love a watch, T-shirt, sticker or that paint, though. (wink)

Back