Nice copy of our P5

maxek

:
2003.5 MP5
Has anyone seen KIA spectra5? Today it has been second time that I saw spectra5 on the road and it looks pretty close to P5. Did Mazda sell P5 to KIA? I think I like the back of S5 little more than P5. I just wonder if S5 is faster than P5?

I saw them a couple times, but I still think our 5 look way better(first) Also that thing's safety rate is really poor....

Its been out for awhile, kia bought the rights to it from mazda, there are other posts about it.

- 1,975 cc 2 liters in-line 4 front engine with 82 mm bore, 93.5 mm stroke, 10.1 compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder
- Power: 103 kW , 138 HP SAE @ 6,000 rpm; 136 ft lb , 184 Nm @ 4,500 rpm

I wonder if the SAE ratings are the new standards or not?

I probably wouldnt race even if his car was stock. =\

Korean's are know for making knock-off's, but they're not as bad as them thar chinese people over yonder. Either way, BFD the car still sucks donkey ballzak.

New Neighbor

I was pretty pissed when my new neighbor moves in and parks this piece of crap next to my P5...
neighbor.JPG

maxek said:
Has anyone seen KIA spectra5? Today it has been second time that I saw spectra5 on the road and it looks pretty close to P5. Did Mazda sell P5 to KIA? I think I like the back of S5 little more than P5. I just wonder if S5 is faster than P5?

yoiu just saw a spectra5? where have you been the last couple of years?

Ive only seen a few around since they have been out. I dont think it looks good at all. Still wouldn't compare it to my p5. Protege5 > Spectra5.

slkt said:
:wtf:(notcool)
what? Are you implying that the chinese don't rip off products/ideas from EVERYBODY else in the world and make exact copies with a different name on em?

Last edited:
.paul said:
Korean's are know for making knock-off's, but they're not as bad as them thar chinese people over yonder. Either way, BFD the car still sucks donkey ballzak.

Chinese motor companies are BAD for that kinda stuff. I've seen multiple times, they get sued by other motor companies because some vehicles are just too close. Chrysler sued one because one vehicle was completely identical to the Pacifica. There were tons and tons of things that were the same.

.paul said:
what? Are you implying that the chinese don't rip off products/ideas from EVERYBODY else in the world and make exact copies with a different name on em?

lolz.. actually it's all made in china

they have a factory in china.. a month later, another factory goes up next to it.. and imagine that, it makes the same thing, just sells for wayyyyyyyyyy cheaper. *cough* $20 4 gb "sony viao" usb 2.0 drive.

God, I HATE KIAS. Anyone ever drive one? I had one as a rental car, a regular Spectra. I swear, when you were driving and you floored it...the car slowed down before accelerating! BOO!

That explaination above sounded like it came from some politician that was caught in something exposed on the news playing a verbal shell game trying to not be kicked out of office or go to jail. Everything is built elsewhere for cheaper labor, less taxation, nobody wants the factory in their backyard, sidestepping evironmental laws, yata yata yata blah blah blah etc etc etc.....more expensive to produce = less sales = less profit overall, but cheaper built = less quality = over-hyped advertisement = more sales = more profit = ripped off consumers = sick twisted ball of s***, spin it however you like. KIA SPECTRA5 STILL SUCKS.........unless it comes 1/2 price with 25yr unlimited mileage bumper to bumper loaner car included get a free blowjob (from a woman) while you wait warranty

Last edited:
.paul said:

Everyone does it. VW's new Jetta looks strikingly similar to the 03 Toyota Carolla's. Kia is just trying to keep the company afloat. With lack of car sales and many companies having to downsize to keep their pockets lined, it is surprising to see knock offs. If that style is selling then why not. American society loves over kill so flooding the market with a lot of cars that look alike doesn't seem to bother anyone except for the people that had that car first. Even though it is somewhat justified, it still sucks.

OMG OMG Audi Ripped off our beloved p5s too!#@#!@!@$ #!@##@$

And to people knocking its quality (the kia), Im not too happy with the quality of my car at this time either. (poke)

Attachments

• AUDI.jpg
    AUDI.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 163
Back