Nextmod front grill for speed6 . . .

yea greg08 if your not going to post pictures of crappy fitment to back up your statement then its just not worth posting negative comments like that...i am looking into getting one and really would rather not go through ebay's speedline since i saw they are out of japan or china...so i was looking to invest my money into nextmod...and from jracers picture it looks like it fits great and the bar in the middle looks nice and solid. when i order and get mine (maybe at the end of may) i plan on bringing it to a friend/body guy, in which i already talked about how some of these products crack, and he said that he can apply either a thicker fiberglass application to the back or a strong glue or something to reinforce it from cracking...we wont know until i order it lol but either way nextmod is the company i am looking into next

Yeah, after my rims show up (or order), and i get a short throw plate, this is going to be my next mod/change. good thing i just got paid.

Lol man I'm not trying to argue over the fact that mine wouldn't fit right for anything. I give you fair warning but I mght have just got a bad one.. its been over 5 months since I had it. No pics. I know the guy told me to use rtv to hold it down in the middle... Bye bye paint

greg, you must be in the service i gather. be carefull over there and come home safe and sound! btw thanks for serving!(bowdown) god bless!

don't use RTV, you should be able to just use the 3m double sided stuff...

the wait continues . . .

Just so you know . . . I ordered mine on April 3rd and still no sign of it (today is Apr. 30th).

It was not "in stock", so their production folk were put to work. According to them, the grill was fabricated & had already been sent to the paint shop, by Apr. 10th.

On Apr. 15th I emailed them to check on their progress; they replied on Apr. 17th, stating that the paint shop has been very busy, and everyone is lining up to get their parts painted for the summer . . . apparently I am not anywhere near the top of their waiting list!

I emailed them again (!!) on Apr. 26th questioning where my part was, & they responded that the paint shop told them they could pick it up the next day. As of right now, I am still patiently awaiting any notice of shipment (BTW . . . just like Nextmod, I am located in Canada).

So as for customer service, all I can say is . . . at least they are responding to my emails.

cheers

1272649893.jpg

terrible angle and bad pic from my phone, but here is my nextmod grill after a lot of sanding and prepwork, even reinforced it a little with more fiberglass.

ill try :p ur welcome. I had to pay for the speed 6 somehow :) I wish mine fit like that, and I used rtv like a dumbass and f***ed my paint

Agreed that black does look sick.. I can't decide which one to go with.. Hopefully by next pay check I will figure it all out..

don't get itt!!! The fitment is terrible!!!!!!

I had a slight bit of problem with fitment issue, but I think it has to do more with the condition of your car. On my car, I had to "stretch" it a bit to make it fit and when I removed it was the same way. I installed it on a friends car (zweetdremz) and I had no issues what so ever, it went on like it was the stock piece. My car never been wrecked before so I know that isn't the reason.

Mine didn't have flawless fitment either but I had one of the first batches. I know the pieces he's made recently have been top notch. And his AE lip kit is flawless.

Grille received & installed . . .

Well it took a while (almost 4 weeks) to finally get the grille, but now that it's installed all is forgiven.

The quality of the fiberglass work (finishing) isn't 100%; when I unwrapped it, and viewing it up close, I could see a few small blemishes. I considered complaining, but went ahead with the install regardless.

No regrets . . . honestly, unless you are very close to the grille, they are quite invisible . . . unless of course you are close enough, & viewing in the perfect light & at the perfect angle. I tried to photograph them, but they are so barely visible, I'm not even going to post them.

The fitment was pretty fine; I used silicone to bond it to the surround, and lots of strips of masking tape to hold it perfectly in place. It does require some finessing to get the fit just right, but the resulting fit is pretty damn fine.

cheers.

Attachments

• badgeless grille 3.JPG
    badgeless grille 3.JPG
    324.3 KB · Views: 195
  • badgeless grille 1.JPG
    badgeless grille 1.JPG
    341.1 KB · Views: 196
  • badgeless grille 2.JPG
    badgeless grille 2.JPG
    333.7 KB · Views: 200
1272649893.jpg

terrible angle and bad pic from my phone, but here is my nextmod grill after a lot of sanding and prepwork, even reinforced it a little with more fiberglass.

Im going to sell mine if anyones is interested,
look for proper thread soon.
Im going to go with the carbon fiber one instead.

youngereveryday that looks good.. it might just be me but that paint looks a tad off..

I still haven't gotten my grille and I ordered it on 5/7 its going into week 3.. I emailed their customer service and they said it should ship out this week so we will see..

Badgeless grill is a must do on wwp. I bought this off a friend for a good price, and he had it painted it flat black. Not sure if it's NextMod or Speedline, but I don't care, because it's looks sweet imo, and was a great price :)

Frontside.jpg

FrontSide2.jpg

FrontDeadOn.jpg

I've been wanting one of those for a long time!

Badgeless grill is a must do on wwp. I bought this off a friend for a good price, and he had it painted it flat black. Not sure if it's NextMod or Speedline, but I don't care, because it's looks sweet imo, and was a great price :)

Frontside.jpg

FrontSide2.jpg

FrontDeadOn.jpg

I've been wanting one of those for a long time!

damn i think that looks very good too! especially with the white car!

I have yet to see the black badgeless grille on the Titanium Grey but thats what I'm going to do when mine comes in.. Hopefully it will look half as good as yours does bro..

Back