(Next year) How much should I expect to pay for a P5 with 60-80,000 miles?

ch77

:
2007 MS3
Probably ATX, as my wife doesn't really care for standard - though she is very smooth, she ends up driving the MS3 way too fast..

Color doesn't really matter, but she won't be happy with White, Red, or Yellow; I would, however.

Basically, the MS3 is going to be garaged for the winter, and she misses our P5 so much that I have decided to forgo further mods to this car for a year at least, and save up a few thousand dollar'e-doos for the P5. Failing that we'll just get something non-Mazda (gasp) that we don't care about as much. Subaru wagon, small Toyota pickup, whatever.. What would be nice about a small pickup is that we can drive it anywhere - there's a lot of places we just can't take the MS3 because the roads are gravel, or dirt, or have massive rocks in the "roadway".. October Mountain, for example, in MA.

Anyway, we always loved our P5 and I really regret selling it. I only sold it because I thought we only had one chance to get an MS3 - I would have been happy to wait for a 2008, but I don't regret getting the MS3 as soon as we could.

SO, how much do I need to save? $4-5000? $6000 or more?

Thanks for any input..

Last edited:
I picked up mine in January with 91k miles for $6500.

$6500 isn't too bad..

I traded ours in on January 30th, with 91,000 miles. OK, 91,003 miles.

if you don't limit yourself to just the wagon, you could pick up a 99+ sedan ES for a lot cheaper and it'll be basically the same car

Oh, and if you find one with leather seats but don't care about them and are willing to swap for my mint condition MSP seats, please let me know! (thumb)

Guess it all depends on where you are and when you look. I think I got mine for 8500, out-the-door (all taxes/title/etc). I had 73K miles at the time...

I got mine last year with 18,000 miles on it for 7500 out the door .sticker was 10,000 and I told them no way and after a bunch of haggling and a weekend test drive they asked me what It would take for me to keep the car and thats what I told them.

Back