Newbish questions

aaronsewell

:
MAzda Speed6
Ok, I have a few questions that I know i'm not the only one who wants to know but they sound kinda stupid.

Cobb AP- i know its a tuner, but how does it work, what do you have to do, anything you need to know before you get it?

Gauges- When putting gauges in your car what all do you have to have?

Is there any upgrades you HAVE to do before another or you could wreck something?

Feel free to add your guilty question. I wont judge.

free answers! no guarantees...

A) Cobb AP uses a map either created by cobb (OTS), a tuner (E-tune or Pro Tune), or yourself (using cobb's ATR software) to change boost levels, fueling, timing, a bunch of things. It plugs into the ODB-II port under the dash and reads information from the ECU (for logs and monitoring) or writes the chosen map to the ECU. It is pretty key to getting the most out of your mods. But you really have to either learn a lot or pay up to get the most out of it.

2 - Gauges - Depends on what kind. They will need a source of information, a power source (and ground), and a source to know when the interior lights are on/off (day/night mode). Information source can come from a tube spliced into your boost/vacuum lines (for a boost gauge), an additional sensor in your downpipe (wideband/AFR gauge), or whatever else it is that you may want to monitor. The gauge itself will also have to be mounted. blockhead has a defrost vent-pod, or there are any number of other options for that.

III ~ Recommended Upgrades to help not break things: Rear Motor mount, Differential mount. Fluids. After a certain mod level, HPFP
Be certain maintenance is 100%.
I recommend you read this thread on 6club.

Back