Newbie Question 4 Maz 3 S Sport and S Grand Touring owners

:
2010 Mazda 3 S GT
Hi!

I'm seriously thinking about getting a Mazda 3 S Sport or S Grand Touring and I thought I'd asks some questions of you experts here. The car I'm replacing was a leased BMW 335i. I want to buy my Mazda. The questions are:

1. Are Mazda S 's much faster that Mazda i 's ? I know there's about 20 more horsepower but does it really make a difference??

2. Are they really fun to drive??

3. If you have the Grand Touring, is the leather worth it?

4. Most importantly, sometimes I take my mom's wheelchair in the trunk of my car when we go shopping. Do you think a wheelchair would fit back there?

5. Would a walker fit in the backseat? I know it's really tight.

Thanks so much to anyone who can give me some insight!

Nicole(rei)

Hi!

I'm seriously thinking about getting a Mazda 3 S Sport or S Grand Touring and I thought I'd asks some questions of you experts here. The car I'm replacing was a leased BMW 335i. I want to buy my Mazda. The questions are:

1. Are Mazda S 's much faster that Mazda i 's ? I know there's about 20 more horsepower but does it really make a difference??

4. Most importantly, sometimes I take my mom's wheelchair in the trunk of my car when we go shopping. Do you think a wheelchair would fit back there?

Nicole(rei)

1 and 2 - Would be best for you to test drive and find out yourself. But I noticed quite a difference between the 2.0 and the 2.5. Yes they are fun

3- I could careless about leather, so I have cloth. Personal choice really.

4 - Never tried but I think so

5- I would think so.

Hi!

Nicole(rei)

1. Yes, there is a noticeable difference in power.
2. Yes, they drive like cars that cost much more; the handling is superb.
3. N/A - I have the Sport.
4. Yes. 11.8 cu. ft. I think; I can fit a 4x12 speaker cab (for guitar) back there, so the wheelchair should fit no problem.
5. Not sure. The back seat is pretty tight; bring the walker to the dealer and try it out!

The 2.5 is definitely nicer, especially if you're getting the automatic. I agree w/the others - test drive a few and bring the walker and/or wheelchair to see if they fit. Maybe they'd fit better in a hatchback - try that, too.

Yes, the 3's are insanely fun to drive.

As to the leather, it's nice. More important is the heated seats - I don't have to turn the car's heater on in the winter if I just have the seats on, for example.

Hi!

Nicole(rei)

1. not only is there a decided difference in horsepower, the handling is tighter due to larger sways and stiffer damping rates on the struts/spring set up.

2. you will smile as you drive

3. cloth helps you stay in the seat when during spirited driving-btw race cars don't have leather

4.plenty of room in the hatch
5. if the walker fold up it should work

now, go buy one...LOL

Back