Newbie here!

I just picked up a new (to me) 2011 CX-9, and so far I'm loving it. It's a touring model, dolphin gray mica with sand interior (came with the original window sticker in the glove box!)

The first step will be to replace the stock floor mats WeatherTech mats, I live out by the beach and they're a must with mud and sand.

It comes with the base non-navigation single CD player that plays MP3 CDs; is the premium audio with the display and 6-disk changer plug compatible?

Anything I should look out for, any must-have accessories or mods?

I just picked up a new (to me) 2011 CX-9, and so far I'm loving it. It's a touring model, dolphin gray mica with sand interior (came with the original window sticker in the glove box!)

The first step will be to replace the stock floor mats WeatherTech mats, I live out by the beach and they're a must with mud and sand.

It comes with the base non-navigation single CD player that plays MP3 CDs; is the premium audio with the display and 6-disk changer plug compatible?

The upper trim level radios are not plug and play, in general. The wiring harness is different depending on the trim level. Plus, the upper trim level radios weren't all that great to begin with.

If it is AWD, check the transfer case oil.

Check to see if the transmission fluid was ever flushed.

Check the oil frequently and look out for any sign of water in the oil - the water pumps on these engines can fail and leak water into the oil.

Hi, check the tires if they are ecopias, change them inmediately ! your loosing half the fun that cx9 has to offer due to those terrible tires.
Other thing to check are the brakes, these warp quite easily and you might feel a constant vibration over 60mph which can be felt as a balancing problem but it isnt, ( took me 3 moths to realize it was the brakes).
Learn to be very gentle when accelerating from a red light or a full stop, u cant imagine how much fuel ull save when u manage to control the accelerator ( yeah i know that 320 pf of torque are quite addictive)
if u feel a clacking noise in the front suspension after lifting your car for a wash its normal , if it doesnt dissapear after a day or so go to the mechanic and ask him check the spring upper cushion.

Hi, check the tires if they are ecopias, change them inmediately ! your loosing half the fun that cx9 has to offer due to those terrible tires.
Other thing to check are the brakes, these warp quite easily and you might feel a constant vibration over 60mph which can be felt as a balancing problem but it isnt, ( took me 3 moths to realize it was the brakes).
Learn to be very gentle when accelerating from a red light or a full stop, u cant imagine how much fuel ull save when u manage to control the accelerator ( yeah i know that 320 pf of torque are quite addictive)
if u feel a clacking noise in the front suspension after lifting your car for a wash its normal , if it doesnt dissapear after a day or so go to the mechanic and ask him check the spring upper cushion.

OP got a 2011, which is a 1st generation CX-9. I don't think it comes with Ecopia tires, and it definitely doesn't have 310 or 320 ft-lb of torque.

With that said, speaking to your comment about gentle acceleration, I've actually found the opposite to be true. I installed a Sprint Booster, which has me accelerating a little more aggressively than I usually would, and my mileage actually improved slightly, to my surprise. I do spend a little bit more time at cruising speed as a result of the more aggressive acceleration, so that may have something to do with it.

Back