Newb

imola.zhp

What's up?

I'm jumping the gun a little here as I don't actually have the car yet, but I'm purchasing a 2002 P5!

I've always had a thing for P5's and I'm basically stealing this one from a guy that stole it from a dealership, not actual stealing, just really cheap!

Needs a knock sensor (to clear CEL) a/c recharged and down the road a set of new shocks. At that point I'll probably go aftermarket though and set her down an inch or so...

Plans for the car? Well, she will be my new DD, my BMW is piling on the miles since my last Honda DD died. If/when I get her running right (she runs like shat, very, very, very slow) I might take her to an auto-x or two to see how she does on the track...

Pic's!

Posting these off of my myspace, if they don't work, please let me know and I'll re-host them...

l_50efbfa88f6931149432188578f4bc60.jpg

l_60a0d654a202a49b18f73566cc1b0f25.jpg

l_d3d46a0d02d444849a41af0c17b2a193.jpg

Silver always looks good in pictures, trust me, this car is ROUGH. But I like it, makes for a great DD so far...

its only 6 years old, how rough could it be? =D nice ride though and welcome to club. what kind of crazy steal did you get her for?

Thanks!

212,7XX miles now, lots of miles, front struts are gone, she bounces in the front like an old lincoln, well, not "bounces" more like big waves up and down over bumps, haha...

Interior
During vacuuming I found all kinds of kids "stuff" throughout the car, no doubt a family car. I think the family pet graced the cargo area a time or too.............eek! Yeah, Ima get a rubber mat for that soon. The front passenger floor mat looks like a quart of oil was spilled on it, I'm wondering what happened there. Possibly an engine part from the car itself waiting for repair? Missing drivers-side sun visor. I took down and modified the passenger one to get me buy until I find one (yes its backwards with the mirror facing down, haha. Shift knob, steering wheel and e-brake handle are all worn out, need replaced or covered. Carpet/seats need shampooed throughout...

Mechanical
I don't think the engine is the original, CEL pointed to a bad knock sensor. No, the knock sensor was GONE! Random other things point me to believe the engine is not the original. Pretty sure its another 2.0, or maybe it is the original, but had some major work done? Meh. A/C is out, compressor not kicking on, so I'm thinking/hoping its just low from a leak. I've been driving it anyway just to become familiar with the car and its "quarks." Struts already mentioned, rough idle is better after an EGR cleaning, but something still isn't right...

Exterior
Drivers door has been slightly hit, you can kinda see it in the pic's. Both passenger-side doors have something going on with the paint. Nice dent in the passenger fender, another in the hatch where paint was broken, small rust spot, couple of rust spots behind the tag bracket (now removed as it was broken) looks to be from the bottom screws going into a plate or plate/plate frame. Headlights are hazy, windshield is cracked, all "chrome" wheels have the "chrome" pealing...

I think thats all, I'm kind of a perfectionist, so I notice all of these things. Not that it bothers me, the 88 Honda Civic I had as a DD until the timing belt snapped had a lot of the same issues and a lot more. I was bad to that car though, whereas I'll be good to this one and improve it, not kick it like I did the old Civic...

Price? Well, not sure I wanna tell incase I want to list the car on here for sale someday. Ah, who am I kidding, I'll probably keep it or sell it local...

$2,000

Kid I bought it from paid $1400, he stalled it on the test drive and told the salesman it needed a clutch and power steering work (amongst the other obvious things like CEL, no a/c, etc). I don't mind that he made $600 off of me, I appreciate his honesty and still feel like I got a great deal. So far I've just put time, fuel, and $104.xx into it. Knock sensor ($104.xx) fixed the CEL.

Plans
Just to bring the car back to being a reliable DD. Seafoam and new plugs/wires are next. I'm hoping that will completely cure the still somewhat rough idle. This kid put a retarded home made SRI on the car, all I need is the main hose to put the OEM intake back on the car, looking for that in the classifieds. A/C will come after I get the idle issue worked out and after my trip to Mexico (end of the month). Then depending on cashflow, I'd like to snag a set of MSP springs/struts. I dunno though, springs don't go bad, so the less expensive way to go is to just buy new struts. Passenger-side floor mat, rear trunk mat, new shift knob, new steering wheel, new e-brake handle, shampoo carpets and seats throughout, tint and new headlights would be nice, but thats probably WAY down the road.

I'm going BACK to college for pre-DDS, starting January, I didn't want to park my BMW on campus for fear of damage. Since this car is already banged up it'll be a perfect back-to-school car...

Wow, this turned into a book...

Thanks!

212,7XX miles now, lots of miles, front struts are gone, she bounces in the front like an old lincoln, well, not "bounces" more like big waves up and down over bumps, haha...

who we kidding.. the stock susp did that @ 212 miles

welcome to the club!

^ for real? So maybe I don't need to replace the struts then, hmm, well after I talk to the original owner I'll decide. Ima ask her about them, amongst other things....

Back