New Wheels/Tires

VermZ06

:
Silver Bullet '07 MS3
Hey all,
i just received my tires and wheels from discount tire direct and couldn't be happier. The stock ms3 wheels/tires are great and all but I wanted something with just a tad more of an edge...i also needed all season tire because of the area I live in but there was no way I was putting fugly steelies on my car...so here they are...the tires are falken ziex512 (I had the 512's on the MSP and they worked great for the price, so I figured I'd try 'em again) and the wheels are MB VR5S...Also the foliage is getting quite nice here in New England so why not digi cam it up. Enjoy!

Attachments

• MS3 Wheels.JPG
    MS3 Wheels.JPG
    449.5 KB · Views: 426
  • 100_0368.JPG
    100_0368.JPG
    524.7 KB · Views: 175
  • 100_0369.JPG
    100_0369.JPG
    443.4 KB · Views: 178
  • 100_0381.JPG
    100_0381.JPG
    578.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 3bl.JPG
    3bl.JPG
    496.3 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
congrats on the new wheels. it always feels good to put some new shoes on the ride. its not my choice of wheel design it actually looks ok on the speed

And some more

Attachments

• 100_0383.JPG
    100_0383.JPG
    484.4 KB · Views: 137
  • 100_0376.JPG
    100_0376.JPG
    567.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 100_0378.JPG
    100_0378.JPG
    499.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 1bl.JPG
    1bl.JPG
    527.7 KB · Views: 113
  • 2bl.JPG
    2bl.JPG
    306.4 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
congrats on the new wheels. it always feels good to put some new shoes on the ride. its not my choice of wheel design it actually looks ok on the speed

I wasn't all that certain about the design until I got them mounted on car. I originally was thinking about a generic 5 spoke design, but I think these really fit the bill. I think a regular five spoke design like the old racing harts for the msp just wouldn't look right on the hatch design...but if it were a sedan then a racing hart design would look better.

looks good......but they look heavy as hell.

james

I actually lifted the old MS3 wheel/tire and these at the same time when I was doing the install and the new ones were actually lighter. I know this method is not the most accurate way of doing a measurement, but the MB's were most definitely lighter.

be happy. new wheels/tires always feel like a "fresh start."

they look good. aggressive without being ricer-X.

what is the wheel width? 7, 7.5, 8

what tire size did you go with?

be happy. new wheels/tires always feel like a "fresh start."

they look good. aggressive without being ricer-X.

what is the wheel width? 7, 7.5, 8

what tire size did you go with?

Thanks! The wheel/tire size is 18x7.5 and 225/40ZR-18

don't particularly like the wheel, but i must admit it looks good on yur
car.
main thing is, as long as yur happy with 'em.

P.S. does anyone know what the best psi for this size tire would be? I know we're supposed to use the PSI guide on the sticker near the door, but since this tire a different size the pressure might be different. I believe stock is 34fr/32r...right now I have the new ones at 36fr/34r...I figure a few psi more won't hurt the tires and give me a little better traction around the turns.

I really like those! Looks great on the silver. I am not a fan of the whole "black everything" look, so I really like the silver/chrome type of replacement wheel that you have there. 5-spoke variations are definately the way to go, they look good on anything. Congratulations! Did you keep the stockers for summer or sell them or just storing them?

wow just looking at that wheel i would have never picked them....but they look really bad ass on the car...congrats man!

I really like those! Looks great on the silver. I am not a fan of the whole "black everything" look, so I really like the silver/chrome type of replacement wheel that you have there. 5-spoke variations are definately the way to go, they look good on anything. Congratulations! Did you keep the stockers for summer or sell them or just storing them?

Thanks for the input! I didn't think a darker wheel color would've looked right. Plus, if I went all black for rims they would just end up looking like steelies from a distance. When I first found this wheel online it didn't really cross my mind as a good choice until I photoshopped it once I did that I really thought it matched the car well...especially with the silver like you said. I also didn't like the looks of the Rays wheel that's specifically made for the MS3..I had seen that design before on many cars and I wanted something that was a little different.

The stock MS3 tires and wheels are in the basement as we speak. I'll be throwing 'em back on around March/April. The stock tires have some wear on them but should be good for another summer...maybe two. The only thing that sucks which is minor really is that the TPMS light is on now since I don't have the sensors in the new tires...but oh well I'll just have to check the pressure the old fashioned way.

i agree i think they look awsome so you know how much they weigh in at ?

I wish I could give you an exact weight...but all I know is that I lifted both the stock MS3 wheel/tire and the new MB wheel/falken tire and the MB/falken package was lighter and it was a very noticeable difference between the two. When the wheels/tires (4 separate packages) arrived they were weighed in at 50lbs each...but I think that was off because of the all the extra lugs/cardboard/cushioning/extra psi (the tires were all set at 50psi when I got them) that was included in these things...either way they were lighter than stock.

Back