New turbo

got_psi

:
2003 MazdaSpeed Protege
So my oil seal is finally toast, burns oil like a sob on every pull....but she has 160,xxx on her so i guess its bout her time to go. what is my best option going to be for a new charger? id like to jump up a size if possible, but id like to take the most price effective route without dropping back to N/A. any suggestions or ideas???? thanks!!

are you still on the stock block? what mods do you have? tuning setup?
If you were all stock id suggest getting a stock replacement, or getting a gt28(which will take a little work to install) tune it correctly for low boost.
Really depends whats done with your car currently.

You can get just the CHRA for the stock turbo for $700. That is your best bet. Or you really want to go cheap and don't want to get another 160k miles out of her, then look for a used one in the for sale section. Plenty of people have upgraded before they needed a replacement.

The GT28 is very pricey, and really more turbo than the transmission can reliably handle. At 160k, it's probably a little late to start going all out with upgrades.

You can get just the CHRA for the stock turbo for $700. That is your best bet. Or you really want to go cheap and don't want to get another 160k miles out of her, then look for a used one in the for sale section. Plenty of people have upgraded before they needed a replacement.

The GT28 is very pricey, and really more turbo than the transmission can reliably handle. At 160k, it's probably a little late to start going all out with upgrades.
You can get a CHRA service for $523 if your core is in good condition through various Garrett authorized distributors. I spoke with a company out of Georgia last week about it, but I was out of their territory, so they couldn't send it to me and was directed to another authorized facility in Lexington, Kentucky.

ive got a turbo from my 2003.5 msp and it was a single owner, driven by a late-age woman.. i got it and took the entire car apart within 10k miles.. so if you want a perfectly good replacement ill sell you mine, i got a deal on a 2871rs as my upgrade. let me know, its got total 90k miles on it and spools great.. no shaft play, ill take pics in the morning

Running SSAFC V2 on superstock map, injen CAI, turbohoses hardpipes, SSQV&BPV setup, cat back 2.5 with gutted cats, wideband, and ebc running 7 on low and 9.5 on high. and the CHRA might be the most costg effective route....

are you still on the stock block? what mods do you have? tuning setup?
If you were all stock id suggest getting a stock replacement, or getting a gt28(which will take a little work to install) tune it correctly for low boost.
Really depends whats done with your car currently.

Latest posts

Back