New to the Mazda world.

Syneph

:
2003 Mazda Protege
Hello everyone, just picked up my first Mazda this past Friday. It's a 03 Protege 5spd. Got it in absolute great condition. Just needs new rotors. Now, please I would love to gain as much knowledge as possible about the possibilities and customization options for my car. Once I finish my breaks next week I will start working on the car. I'm not trying to make it a super super fast ride because I do have children, but I would like it to have some speed and also be an eye candy. So my question is, where should I start?

Don't. Na it will never be fast. High compression, cams, bolt ons, mp3 tune will net 150ish whp. Now they respond very well to boost but for a daily I wouldn't advise more than 200-220 whp to be on the safeish side. But that will put it inbetween quick and peppy and you will want more crank the boost and blow it up

Handling is where they shine. I miss my mp3 for that reason

As for looks look at the speed and mp3 protgs. Most people run those body Kits lower it a bit and throw 17s on it

Thank you for the info. Sorry but I'm not to knowledgable on the nick names for these cars. Meaning MP3 etc. Could you please tell me the difference between them all?

MP3 was a special edition in 2001. Google it and see all the goodies they got. Amazing car, I miss mine

Edit: most of those goodies I advise you to get makes it way more fun than a regular protege

Oh ok thank you. Also, this may be a dumb question but the idle on my car seems to me to quite. It idles a little under 1RPM. At first I thought the car stalled because it was so quite but it didn't it literally just "relaxed" I guess you could say. It revs fine no problems. When I turn it on it doesn't rev high and then it goes to 1.5RPM then drops below 1 again and stays there just purring lol

Well if it's stock it should be quiet. Should idle around 850 rpms or so. I can't even tell when my mazda 3 is runing I have to look at the tach most of the time. It needs an aftermarket exhaust but being the daily/ trip car wife says no.

Start wheels then suspension then power mods. That's the way I usually end up going. Both my daily and work car got wheels last month and both have suspension goodies coming in

Haha yea same here I thought it shut off but nope it's just quite. I'm gonna work on the suspension soon. Already put some good brakes on the car. Probably within the year I'll be ready for engine mods. Going to pick up the fogs and lip in two weeks. Maybe out an exhaust on not sure.

Latest posts

Back