New to the forum, had my sGT since 9/20

nitsuj

:
Mazda, MX-5 2016 GT Blue Reflex
Back in September is picked up what is technically my 7th Mazda in 5 years, 6 3's and 1 CX-5. My name has been on the title of 7, 2 of which were my wife's and one I co-signed for my brother in law. The 2014 is "My" 4th 3 in 5 years. I bought a 2012 sGT in may 2012 when the dealer offered me about $1200 less than I paid for my 2010 iTouring 4 door 2.5 years earlier. After moving last October my commute included a lot of stop and go driving. After 20 years of driving MT cars my knee started aching a lot. After talking it over with my wife I got the OK to trade in for an automatic and went with the 2014 sGT Hatch. So far I'm happy with the sGT (Thanks sport mode and paddle shifters) even with the loss of some control with an AT. I was one of the unlucky folks to get an old version of the Infotainment firmware, but Mazda reached out to me and setup an appointment to get my firmware updated. Which was awesome of them and a great improvement over what I originally had.

Anyway I've been on the other Mazda forums for a while and noticed Mazdas247 appears to be a bit more active, so I figured I'd join up.
My sGT came with door sill plates, bumper guard, and wheel locks. I've added the CorkSport LED kit, all weather mats, cargo liner, cargo shelf, allow pedals, & mud guards. The dealer tossed in the zoom zoom plate frame w/valve stem covers and a key chain.

Here's some pics of my Deep Crystal Blue Mica sGT Hatch.
fall2.jpg

WP_20130926_09_19_04_Pro.jpg

WP_20130921_12_37_15_Pro.jpg

WP_20130921_12_37_05_Pro.jpg

WP_20130921_12_36_54_Pro.jpg

2014.jpg

BLACK_ZOOM.jpg

MUG_GUARD.jpg

ALLOY_PEDALS.jpg

WP_20130920_001.jpg

CARGO_LINER.jpg

Very nice looking car! That blue looks almost black in some light, or is that just the camera having trouble with how dark the blue is?

There's actually 2 Mazda3 specific and one other general Mazda forum that I know of, but one of them is almost dead, another one actually IS dead, and the third one is run by a bunch of quasi-adult creatures hiding in their parent's basements as they bully their membership, so this is really the place to be.

Welcome! Looks good! I considered the blue til I saw it in person. Its just too dark for me. I wish it was the sky blue of the cx5. I'd have gotten that instead of the titanium I'm waiting for.

Looks super. Personally I like this darker blue better than the sky blue...but I like that, too. Congrats

That blue looks great. Reminds me of BMW's orient blue from certain angles.

Very nice looking car! That blue looks almost black in some light, or is that just the camera having trouble with how dark the blue is?

There's actually 2 Mazda3 specific and one other general Mazda forum that I know of, but one of them is almost dead, another one actually IS dead, and the third one is run by a bunch of quasi-adult creatures hiding in their parent's basements as they bully their membership, so this is really the place to be.

It's a bit of the camera having issues with White balance in the lighting I've taken picks with. All of these are from my Lumia 1020, which takes great pictures, but can be biased towards yellow at times, which makes dark blue look black. That said, even in person depending on lighting it can look very dark and almost black or very blue with some deep greens and purple mixed in under bright sun.

I'm hoping since the 2014 is such a different car and the lack of aftermarket parts currently available will breath some excitement back into the community. With the Gen1 and Gen2 everything is already figured out and folks can just google the answers to their questions instead of asking a forum for help. Now people have a reason to come to the forums again, sharing new info they've found, posting picture of a mod that hasn't been done yet to the new models, etc. Should be fun :)

Welcome! Looks good! I considered the blue til I saw it in person. Its just too dark for me. I wish it was the sky blue of the cx5. I'd have gotten that instead of the titanium I'm waiting for.

I would have liked something in between the two colors, but of the options on the 3, I liked this one the best.

That blue looks great. Reminds me of BMW's orient blue from certain angles.

Reminds me of the Midnight Blue available on the Chevy Impala Super Sport in the mid-60s (and, yes, I'm old enough to remember that).

That was my other choice ;)

If not for the need of a softer suspension and a bit more room, we'd be twins.

Love the dark blue - I almost went that way, but went all the way dark.

Back