New to the forum 2nd Protege 1st Protege5

ajarocki

:
Protege5
Hey All,
I've been stalking for a few months while getting my P5 fixed up and road worthy.
I picked up two protege5s in August last year. My neighbor had passed away very suddenly and his son wanted nothing to do with them. He let me have them both for $1400
1 is silver and really beat up, but running well. The second one is a very good looking shell but the motor was in pieces in the hatch of the car.
Well after searching for a motor locally and getting one delivered that was a 1.8L. I found met Mike from Track Minded Performance and he had a 2.0L rebuilt for me.

The car has been a great project I'm learning that things on the protege are much easier to work on and find then on my 1983 Cressida.
The modifications and maintenance are coming along nicely and I've learned so much from this site already.
I want to say thanks to all of you that have done right ups and DIYs!

Here are some pictures of the car
Before I took them both home

After the motor was done

Getting those ugly wheels off for some FDs

One of the joys down here in the south. No salt to eat up the fenders.

Haha, I wish it was only fenders :p Try rocker panels, doors, floors, strut towers and frames!

I would buy one of these as a shell or with electrical gremlins and blown engines any day over rust, I would also pay twice the amount. I may go as far as to say that I would buy a lemon over a rusty P5.

looking good man and welcome. nice to see im not he only crazy bastard willing to put lots of time restoring a p5 lol.

Back