New to the CX7 world

ZOOMit

:
09 Mazda 6 / 10 Mazda CX-9
Hey guys,
I'm looking at buying my brothers 07 CX7. I've done loads of research but that can only get you so far. I'm not sure what trim level his is but it has HIDs/Bose/FWD/sunroof. It's got 27k and I can probably get it for $15k. From my research this is a good deal, even for family. Is there anything I need to look out for on this purchase? It seems mechanically sound and he's had it since new and kept up on the maintenance from what he says. I used to have a Mazda P5 but that was maybe two yrs ago and I didnt have any issues with that, but this is turboed so that opens up pandora's box I'm sure. Any help in pushing me in the right direction would help me alot. I'm trying to sell my 2dr Accord since we have a baby coming very soon. In need of a sporty baby hauler. No way am I buying a minivan.

Attached is a shot of a similiar CX7 and of course the one in my sig

Thanks

Attachments

• 20284853.jpg
    20284853.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 863
From my reseach that is a great deal. I'm looking at a 2007 cx7 with 21k and the dealer is asking just under $19,000. The reviews online are all over the map. I test drove it today and liked it alot. no sun roof or cd changer. So it looks like your getting more bang for the buck. I'm in Philadelphia, what about you.

-Jeremy

Assuming all maintenance was done at the prescribed intervals, the only thing I would suggest is to check that the PCM & TCM re flashes were preformed.

Assuming all maintenance was done at the prescribed intervals, the only thing I would suggest is to check that the PCM & TCM re flashes were preformed.

Thanks man (2thumbs)
From my reseach that is a great deal. I'm looking at a 2007 cx7 with 21k and the dealer is asking just under $19,000. The reviews online are all over the map. I test drove it today and liked it alot. no sun roof or cd changer. So it looks like your getting more bang for the buck. I'm in Philadelphia, what about you.

-Jeremy
I'm down in Alabama. I drove it last night, in the dark and rain of all things. It handles well and I love the HIDs. But it's like driving a vette. There's alot of tq when you need it but when you don't it's still there. I was going to get it for my wife but I think that'd be too much for her to handle. You really have to baby the throttle and be aware of how much power you have. Albeit, it's not alot but by SUV standards it's alot. I might get it for myself and use it for family trips, etc..

if its got the HIDs then you are looking at a GT. for a GT, thats a great deal.

Thanks man (2thumbs)

I'm down in Alabama. I drove it last night, in the dark and rain of all things. It handles well and I love the HIDs. But it's like driving a vette. There's alot of tq when you need it but when you don't it's still there. I was going to get it for my wife but I think that'd be too much for her to handle. You really have to baby the throttle and be aware of how much power you have. Albeit, it's not alot but by SUV standards it's alot. I might get it for myself and use it for family trips, etc..
My wife drives her modded CX7 easy. Your wife should be able to handle it.(drinks)

I'm going to wait and drive it again during the day when it's not raining. Give me a better feel. As soon as I can sell my car I think I'm going for it.

So is there anything wrong with the 2007's? That they had to get fixed for the 08's?

Well going today to sign the CX-7 papers. Have been driving it for the past few days and really enjoy. I can do this since it's my bros lol

So on to the newb questions. Everyone knows Mazda 'reccommends' that you use premium in the 07s. It's made to run on premium. You'll get better mpgs and hp/tq, etc...What do you guys reccommend? Is it worth paying for premium and getting the additional mpgs? Looking for some insight. I'll be using premium unless someone can give me more clairification otherwise. Thanks

2007 must run preminum. Some say you can get by with 89 if you always drive very easy. but, My personel experience is that you can get into situations where you want to use power and then trouble. My 07 has been pretty much trouble free but, some cars have had problems with the AC clutch and turbos seals leaking. You might want to check VIN# and check the TSBs for that vehicle. That is a great price. Ed

Last edited:
Thanks for the input Ed. I have heard the 07's having trouble with the turbo seal and AC. He's never had any issues with it. 28,550 miles and counting. I love driving it and I'm sure my wife will as well. If my Honda wasnt about to be paid off (143k miles) I would purchase another CX-7 for myself!

From what I can find this is the Luxury package and I have this option except for the IKS. How can I find out if I have this installed and only need the key card? I'm assuming if I have the LP then that would come with the IKS?

- 6-disc in dash CD changer - AudioPilot noise compensation system (audio)
- BOSE audio system - Centerpoint surround sound system (audio)- 9 speakers
- Intelligent Key System (keyless entry and start)

Last edited:
Well the a/c compressor went out yesterday, under warranty thank God! It wouldnt turn over after wifey shut it down, smoke bellowing from under the hood. Had it towed for free and the tech is working on taking the compressor off right now. Let me tell you, that is a baaaad smell when it locks up....Hopefully it won't happen again, looking into extended warranty...dont feel like forking over a grand though. *sigh*

Back