New to the 2

deadlydave

:
'13 Mazda 2
Good afternoon, folks. I picked up my white 2 sport/5mt last week as a daily driver and stumbled across this community. It's my first new car, and the only FWD vehicle I've ever owned. I've spent a fair amount of time autocrossing and working on cars with the local Subaru community(I've had 4 of the things). In the days I've spent lurking here, I have gotten a pretty good vibe and love what you guys and gals have done to your 2's. I'll be keeping mine pretty mild: stiffer suspension, rear torsion bar, catback, tint, 15" or 16" wheels/tires, upgrade to a touring steering wheel or have mine leather-upholstered. This week, I may plasti-dip my badges.

My 2 is replacing my venerable red hoopty: a '91 BMW 318is (E30) coupe with several hundred thousand miles with the loudest exhaust of any car I have driven. She was a looker, and ran strong, but needed some under body welding work which I was ill-equipped to do. The 318 had only a handful of modifications, and was a light, somewhat underpowered, fun little car. Exactly why I fell in love with the 2 I bought.
3477Ah.jpg

For autocross(and eventually track and/or hillclimb) events, I have a heavily modified '96 Subaru Impreza L Wagon. I bought the car with the 2002 WRX engine w/VF39 Turbo and transmission, and Version 2 STI replica bodywork in place, and have made it stiffer and sharper. The last time the car was dyno'd, it put down 265whp and 256wtq. Not bad for 2800lbs, especially considering that the car has no airbags, no ABS, and has been retrograded to the Japanese-Spec bumper beams which are 80% smaller/thinner than stock. It's also the car I raced in my Adolescence in Gran Turismo 1 and 2.
PH5G2h.jpg

To conclude my car Resume, I have also owned and autocrossed:
-Project: Ballin' on a Budget
Black on Black 2002 Lexus IS300 (Auto/Flappypaddle) Sedan (DStock and ST)
w/Tint, Schroth 4-point Harnesses, Catback, Hawk HPS Brake Pads, 16x8's, and fat, wide tires

-Project: Ugly Horse
Red over Silver 2004 Subaru Baja Turbo 5mt (SM AutoX)
w/Coilovers, Carbon Hood, several sets of wheels/tires, Catless 3" exhaust, ECU Reflash,
Hawk HPS brake pads, WRX 4-piston front calipers, 04 STI front seats,
Schroth 4-point harnesses(which saved my life)

-Project: Learn How to Work on Own Car
1995 Subaru Legacy LSi Sedan(ST AutoX)
w/2002 WRX Sedan struts/springs/Rear perches, EBC Greenstuff Brake Pads,
2004 STI Front/Rear seats and carpet, 16x7 '99 2.5 RS Wheels

-1983 Subaru GL Wagon 4WD, Project Broke College Kid(not autocrossed)

'Be seeing you guys around. - Dave

Back