New to me CX-9 AWD owner

Alfissimoint.

:
08' CX-9 AWD
Hey all.
Just picked up a new used 08' AWD fully loaded CX-9.

I hope to find out all I can here about the car. I have done my research on this car and hope it to be fairly bulletproof. Our mazda 6 was.

So far I have had Mazda do a complete check on it and nothing is wrong with it. Only issue is Steering fluid is getting dirty which seems to be typically of these mazda's. Our 6 did the same. Never have had a car that had steering fluid (ATF) get dirty so often. So I will be chaining that out for some new fluid. Full synthetic, most likely Motul or Mobil 1 ATF. Transmission fluid is not synthetic either and I want to change that out as well. Either one of the previous as well. Using Mobil 1 5W-20 full Synth. for now.

So far this car is fantastic. We have NAV, DVD entertainment for the kids, 20" wheels (not sure if I totally like that or not but it came with the car), AWD (did not want front drive even though I live in PHX, I frequent Flagstaff and Colorado (Durango and Denver), HID headlamps, fogs, rain sensor and so forth. Just with it had a trip computer with MPG, AVG MPG< AVG MPH etc... I mean you put this all in and there is no info like this? Come on. Oh well. I still love it. The car is a darker grey metallic color.

My question is how to tell a sport model from a touring model?

Thanks

Hey all.
Just picked up a new used 08' AWD fully loaded CX-9.

computer with MPG, AVG MPG< AVG MPH etc... I mean you put this all in and there is no info like this? Come on. Oh well. I still love it. The car is a darker grey metallic color.

My question is how to tell a sport model from a touring model?

Thanks

Touring has leather, Sport is cloth interior.

Congrats and welcome!

I bet you could run your vin on edmunds or a similar site and see if it's the Touring or Grand Touring.

I don't know what I have. I have nothing that shows touring or Sport. And is Cloth seats the only thing that makes it a sport? I can run the VIN I am sure. thx

Sport = cloth seats, halogen headlights, no fog light, and 18" wheels
Touring = leather seats, halogen headlights, no fog lights and 18" wheels
Grand Touring = leather seats, xenon headlights, has fog lights and 20" wheels

to summarize

That is why I asked.
I recall that 20" wheels are unique to GT, at least for 2008.

Back