New to MazdaSpeed

Is it silly to install a BOV without any other mods? I figure theres no point in having a boosted car when you can't hear it ;)
Also. What PSI does the MSP run stock?

Last edited:
Don't run a bov unless you relocate the MAF. It will stall if you do. Some people have been able to get it to run with the bpv and bov with out relocating the MAF but it is hit or miss.

The exhaust looks right; round tip for the 03, oval for the 03.5. That car probably as close to stock as you will find. Looks like the radiator has been replaced, the engine cover removed and the stock air box swapped out for a cone filter.

I *think* the car looks a little lower or may have tires with a taller sidewall.

Stock MSP's run 6-8psi depending on the car.

I am the original owner of mine and I love it, they do have there quirks and short comings though.

This should help: Fixing mazda's mistakes thread

Last edited:
Welcome to the family. I came from the honda world over too. I use to have a prelude. I love my msp. Its a good car. There are some challenges but i think the benefits out weight them. Good to see another black mica msp join.

yeah, i would think that the msps previous owner took very good care of the car considering it looks completely stock and the interior and exterior are very clean, i would say you got a pretty good deal

Alright thanks.
I think I'm gonna keep my eyes open for another MSP. Since this one is lowered, intake ect the chances are it's been beat on more than if I were to find one thats stock.

not necessarily. i know of a guy whos modded but rarely ever gets on it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back