New to Mazda, New Owner, New!

Monkee

:
2014 Mazda 6
Greetings from Los Angeles. I am excited to say that I will be picking up my new Mazda6 GT this Sunday. I bought it in Snowflake white with black leather interior. It arrives from the port tomorrow, fresh and never driven. First mod will be a blacked out roof, full tint, and putting 20" wheels on. I hope all this will be done before I pick it up. My GF drives a 2012 Mazda 3 and I always enjoy driving her car. It has the Zoom Zoom factor. I currently drive a 2004 Silverado that gets 12 MPG. This would be my sixth car I've owned and by far might be my favorite. I've owned a 1987 Mazda 323 as my first car. It was a "hand me down" from my Dad as my first car in high school in 1994. I drove that thing over 350K miles and it was sold to my friend after that who drove it until 450K miles. It was traded in for a Mustang in '97. It's like coming full circle for me, lol. I've owned a '91 Toyota Corolla, '97 Nissan 200 SE, '01 Subaru Legacy Limited, '04 Chevy Silverado. All were fixed up inside and out. I also own a '04 Harley Sportster chopped bike and I'm currently building a '72 Harley Ironhead long bike. So, I'm keeping the truck and the bikes are for speed...needed something different.

I was in the market for comfortable, great MPG, looks, presentable for work, and NO MODS needed car for around $30K. The wheels and tint and roof are simple mods...and I'm getting an unbelievable deal that 6 other dealers couldn't touch. I tested the Mazda6 against the Ford Fusion, Audi, Subaru and Infinity. Could have gotten into a V6 for more power, but I stayed focused on MPG. The 2014 Mazda6 hit all the requirements. It's more bang for your buck, but I wish it came in turbo. I'll post pics ASAP and any suggestion on 20" wheels and tire combos? I do not want to add weight and I like the look of the pics from Japan that were posted of the red Mazda6...That is exactly the look I want, but silver or black wheels? this means I will be selling the higher end model stock 19" wheels and tires with less than 50 miles on it for sure. Let me know if anyone is interested.(cheers2)

Last edited:
Okay, so it didn't go quite as planned. I ended up with the car this evening. First, I want to thank Orlando at Galpin Mazda in the San Fernando Valley in California for making it an easy and unbelievable deal with the 2014 Mazda6. I got a call today at work that the car was mine. All I had to do was sign and pick it up. The roof couldn't be done until next week and my wheel guy hasn't gotten back to me about trading my stocks for after market sets. So I picked it up tonight. I came home and my GF and I hopped in her 2012 Mazda3 and drive 40 miles to pick up my car. I drove 90 the whole way there. After signing, I sat in my new Mazda6 with 3 miles on the odometer. I drove the 40 miles back grinning ear to ear at 60-80 the whole way home. Do new cars still need a break in period? I didn't ask my sales guy. This would be my first time on the FWY in the 6.

First impressions- Great power, quiet cabin, smooth shifting, the Bose stereo ain't to shabby, the nav is excellent and easy to use, the head unit was easy to sync to my iPhone and iPod. Seats kept you tight when turning, the steering wheel felt great, such a contrast to the Mazda3 I drove up in. The 6 has a more refined feel with the same amount of zoom fun factor. People were staring and it was quick on passing and braking felt confident. The looks of the car is classy in white, dark grey was my second choice, then the black. The 19" looks great, but the car is begging for bigger wider tires.

Noticeable- Windows feel small and short. Sunroof feels a bit small and far back...it's still an amazing cabin.

I'll post photos after my tint and wheel are done and I hope to hear about the roof. Oh, BTW, I decided on gunmetal wheels.

The car now has 45 miles and I can't wait to drive it to work in the morning.
Really, thank you to all the folks at Galpin, especially Orlando.

I have a few questions:
I did not get radar assist cruise control. So my front grille emblem is basic, not the one that is under plastic due to the infared sensors. Can I just peal the basic emblem off to paint it black?

I want to rebadge the rear. Are the Skyactiv and the Mazda6 badges just stuck on? Can I just pull off the Mazda emblem on the trunk or will it leave 2 holes? Can anyone please confirm before I get into this? Thanks

I have seen these emblem painted black and at the local dealers who do them, told me they pop off. Check with your local dealer as some does this as an option and they can definitely tell you.

my wheel guy hasn't gotten back to me about trading my stocks for after market sets. .[/QUOTE said:
If you wouldn't mind, I'd be interested in buying the stocks. After gettin a quote, please PM me and perhaps we can make a deal. Thanks, Marty

Okay, so it didn't go quite as planned. I ended up with the car this evening. First, I want to thank Orlando at Galpin Mazda in the San Fernando Valley in California for making it an easy and unbelievable deal with the 2014 Mazda6. I got a call today at work that the car was mine. All I had to do was sign and pick it up. The roof couldn't be done until next week and my wheel guy hasn't gotten back to me about trading my stocks for after market sets. So I picked it up tonight. I came home and my GF and I hopped in her 2012 Mazda3 and drive 40 miles to pick up my car. I drove 90 the whole way there. After signing, I sat in my new Mazda6 with 3 miles on the odometer. I drove the 40 miles back grinning ear to ear at 60-80 the whole way home. Do new cars still need a break in period? I didn't ask my sales guy. This would be my first time on the FWY in the 6.

First impressions- Great power, quiet cabin, smooth shifting, the Bose stereo ain't to shabby, the nav is excellent and easy to use, the head unit was easy to sync to my iPhone and iPod. Seats kept you tight when turning, the steering wheel felt great, such a contrast to the Mazda3 I drove up in. The 6 has a more refined feel with the same amount of zoom fun factor. People were staring and it was quick on passing and braking felt confident. The looks of the car is classy in white, dark grey was my second choice, then the black. The 19" looks great, but the car is begging for bigger wider tires.

Noticeable- Windows feel small and short. Sunroof feels a bit small and far back...it's still an amazing cabin.

I'll post photos after my tint and wheel are done and I hope to hear about the roof. Oh, BTW, I decided on gunmetal wheels.

The car now has 45 miles and I can't wait to drive it to work in the morning.
Really, thank you to all the folks at Galpin, especially Orlando.

Could you explain what you meant by the 3 being such a contrast to the 6, because several of the reviews i've seen and read, say that the 6 does't handle as well as the 3 because the 6 is a bigger and longer vehicle, and that the steering input to the drive, while it is the best in the class, it lacks when compared to the 3's. What do you mean by more refined? Is it more upscale and has more features that makes it more refined, which would be expect when you move up from the compact class to the mid-size class? Also, are you comparing it to a skyactiv 3 or one of the other versions? Because the skyactiv 3 share the same type of transmissions and engines with the 6, so the feel of the transmission and the engine should be very similar. Does the full suite of skyactiv make the 6 better: the chassis with light weight high strength steel and the 4 to 1 header that allows for the 13:1 compression ratio, instead of the 12:1? I should just probably go to the Mazda dealership and test drive one.

I just meant that the 3 is zippy with the loud wheel noise and the tight handling and stiff body. The 6 felt similar but just quiet, fast, longer...different. That's the word different, yet familiar.

I took my new Mazda 6 to Angeles Crest on Sunday to let her "stretch out her legs". Used the paddle shifters for 3 miles and switched back to auto for the next 3 before my GF cot car sick and had me stop to puke, lol. I LOVE THIS CAR! So much fun to drive and my confidence got stronger with each turn. The signs would say 25mph on a turn and the car was comfortable at 55 on the turn. WOW, I'm very impressed with Mazda and I feel justified in this purchase.

Back