New Tires for my MSP

SoniCraze

:
2003.5 MSP
I had a alignment problem it ruined my stock potenzas. I wanted to get somethin affortable(if i have to replace) and just as good if not better than the potenzas.

Originally i wanted the Falken Azenis ST-115s
http://www.1010tires.com/falken_Azenis_ST-115_tires.html
falken-azenis-st115-lg.jpg

But they said they were on back order for 2 MONTHS!!!!!

So i settled with something maybe better for where i live, portland, land of rain.

The Falcon Ziex ZE-512's
http://www.1010tires.com/falken_Ziex_ZE-512_tires.html
falken_Ziex_large.jpg

They seem to be better than my potenzas in every way, except looks. They have a bigger side wall, and looks kinda, i dono not bad, but different. Im really impressed with how much better they made the ride quality of the speed. Road noise is significantly less now.

Best part was they were only 320$!

I dono, i wish i could of got the alzenis, but o well.

Nice tires. Sorry for the threadjack but are you still selling your Kartboy short shifter? Check your pm's.
Thanks

lol, np....if STAR 80 ever CALLS ME (HINT HINT) to set up payment. If he doesnt ill pm ya man..ill give him till the end of 2morrow.

I just got the Falken Ziexs also...they are nice tires and I got a good deal on them. Much better treadwear than the stock tires and they seem to stick almost just as well...
I wasn't going to pay $150 a tire for those Potenzas when they wear down so damn fast.

Hello, I having the same problems it cuping my tires in the rearend. I have 12K on it and had them rotated twice, did Mazda help you out at all.

wow. i thought i was the only one. i had mine taken in today to get it checked for rear tire vibration that looked like uneven wear....

service department said "we rotated em because you said they were vibrating". good job asshats....

i took the service manager for a ride and pointed out the vibration when i could hear it. he says "oh man. im gonna get you a new set of tires". we'll see if he comes through.

did they say it was an alignment problem??

SoniCraze said:
The Falcon Ziex ZE-512's
http://www.1010tires.com/falken_Ziex_ZE-512_tires.html
falken_Ziex_large.jpg

They seem to be better than my potenzas in every way, except looks. They have a bigger side wall, and looks kinda, i dono not bad, but different. Im really impressed with how much better they made the ride quality of the speed. Road noise is significantly less now.

Best part was they were only 320$!

I dono, i wish i could of got the alzenis, but o well.
I ran them through the winter in MA and ,while not steller as you would expect, they were good enough. When it was really nasty, I took my Xterra.

All in all, though, I found they didn't have *quite* as much intial steering response, but overall better ride quality and similar overall grip.

They're a hell of a tire for the money in my book. You got a great deal. I paid about $110 a tire, I believe, in November.

SoniCraze said:
werd, so your not regretfull that you didnt get the azenis?

No, I'm not a race car driver, I don't need top of line everything. These are good for me and a good price.

I'll try and take some pics after work...yeah i got 215/45/17

Back