New Tires? Fitment?

hondadubs

:
2007 Mazdaspeed3 GT
I am looking for new tires on my mazdaspeed3. I found a great deal on some Potenza's 245/40/18 to run on my Rota Tarmac 3's 18X8 offset +48. Stock Suspension. Just wanting a wider tire. I am wondering if these will fit with no rubbing issues? I have never rolled fenders before and am curious if I will be ok without having to do this?

Anyone? Also would I have any issues with steering or any rubbing in the front when turning? Thanks

If you are at the stock ride height you might be OK. It will most likely rub in the rear, the front will be OK. Depending on the deal that you are getting it might be worth it to give it a shot. At worst you'll just have to roll/pull your fenders a little which isn't terribly difficult.

Thanks for the reply. Does anyone else have this size tires? Do the tires stick outside the fenders? I don't want them to look terrible either.

I tossed on some BFG gForce Sports (235/40/18) on my RX-8's and I rubbed until I eventually rolled the fenders. Only on the left side, though.

Sounds like they would fit, but I would need to roll the rears. Maybe I can find a shop locally to do this since I do not have any experience rolling fenders.

Keep in mind that different brands/models of tire are going to have different widths even those they are a common size. Not all 245's are created equal. I've seen 195 tires that are easily wider than 205 tires etc.

Back