New soon to be Mazda 5 owner (hopefully!) :)

v_tofu

Hi all,

First off great forum. Just spent the last couple of hours at work going through the thread with all pics of how you guys load up your 5! awesome stuff!!

Anyways, I'm pretty sure I'll be biting the bullet and getting a 2008 Mazda 5 within this month. Been mostly looking at ones in my area (Manitoba, prairie boy(canada)) but might consider shopping cross border.

Can anyone recommend a dealership either in ND or Minnesota that might have some 08 models? Did a few searches on autotrader.com, but would like some feedback if some of you have some good exp. with specific dealerships.

cheers!

Welcome to the forum, v tofu.

RE: your question. Perhaps a bit too specific. There are, however, many Peggers on the forum who may have suggestions about where to get a great deal on a 5.

One word of advice, CARFAX. Lots of 2008 rental cars out there. Not saying there is anything wrong with buying an ex-rental, but know before you travel a long way to look.

Thanks all.

Actually ended up going with the dealer in my city. $15.5K cdn after taxes for a 2008 loaded with 45KM! Pretty happy with the deal! Couple of small minor body imperfections (small stone chip on hood, and and some scratches on the bottom of the skirt), and I can't say i'm a big fan of the color (I think its called Metallic sand??) but we're due for a new vehicle and for the price, I can't complain. My 11 year old civic still runs great, but with a little one on the way, we're going to need the room!

Last edited:
C$15.5 all in, for an '08 with 45k?, I'd say that's a really good deal. GT I presume?

C$15.5 all in, for an '08 with 45k?, I'd say that's a really good deal. GT I presume?

yup GT. fogs, rear spoiler and the 17's. I think it was already sold, but the guy before me couldnt' get financing, so I guess the dealer just wanted to get rid of it.

Like I said there was some small body issues like surface scratches and stone chips, but I should be able to fix that. I figure my kid is going to take a rake to it anyways while chasing birds or something in the future.

Geezz, spam deleted

wuh(uhm)

i'm guessing it was in regards to another post, though must be deleted by now haha.

I do have a quick question, how does financing work exactly?

For some reason it was cheaper to finance than to buy straight out with cash by $1000 (13588 with financing, or 14588 cash). I will probably pay it off in 90 days (earliest we can pay off) but how much should i expect to be charged in interest? Looking around, i'm guessing rates are about 8%? I figure finacing would still save us about 800 bucks, once i calculate the rate i get. He also said i can pay off the whole amount after 90 days, without penalties.

All bets are off when buying a used car, but the dealer will likely cut the best purchase price if the customer finances the purchase through the dealer's business office.

If you make a purchase without a trade-in, the dealer may discount the purchase price (sometimes as much as 40%, depending how much mark-up is in the car).

14500 financed over 4 years would cost 300/month without interest. Any amount above 300 is profit, split between the dealership and the lender. 50/month = 2400 profit over 4 years.

Lots of buyers may intend to pay off the loan early, only to find that not only is the monthly payment easy to manage, but s*** happens that redirects that cash to more immedeate areas.

The dealership is betting (1000 now against 2400 in 4 years) that you will continue with monthly payments instrad of paying off the loan.

Back