1.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 207
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 202
  • RS6.JPG
    RS6.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 349
wow... on a 6 they almost look too small... I know its probably just the pic, and the fact I'm used to looking at my car.

or the fact I'm crazy...

I like it though

I dunno, these look to be pushing the envelope, and they are +38 on a 7" width.... aren't the RX8 wheels +38 on a 8" wheel?

that givesx you 1/2 less clearence on both sides... and it looks pretty close to eh fender as it, let alone lowered.

yea i know 38mm offset IS pushing it on the 6s
the rims and tires are just about flush with the fenders..
ill def get the fenders rolled as far as possible (IF that will help =P )

if im not mistaken.. if the rim was 18*8 with the same 38mm offset
wouldnt it stick out farther??

I know what I'm going to do: I'm going to go to my local Mazda dealer and I'm going to ask them to let me test fit and Rx8 wheels on my Atenza. I'm sure it would not be a problem.

By the way, I just found these on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I put a bid of $700, but reserve not met yet...
Do you think they're worth much more than that?

forumssr2.jpg

Please take a angled photo like this from the rear of your car looking towards the front.

Angle it up slightly if you can to show where the fender lip currently is. I'm curious because in photo 1, it appears that the tire is sitting flush with the car's body...which means that the suspension will bottom out by causing the external (not the inner fender lip) fender lip to strike the outside of the tire.

A quick snapshot like the one I presented would confirm or deny this. If it is sitting flush, I'd see if I could return the tire/wheel combo and go for one with a thinner tire, or higher offset combo. The last thing you want is a bent rim AND exterior body damage cause your tires were sitting flush with the body :(.

Here's a shot of the particular type of damage that occurs. This is another one of the ever popular (I have no idea why) +38 offset mazda6 wheel/tire combo's.

rub2.jpg

This type of damage will lead to spider cracks in your fenders...which can require quite a bit of money (more then the rims/wheels cost) to repair.

Last edited:
Wrong.
I'm going to remove one wheel from an RX8 and test fit it on my car.
I've purchase 3 brand new cars from this dealership, and thy have made small changes/modifications for my new cars in the past. So I'm sure it will not be a problem.

Fudge.
I'll be replacing the factory shocks and springs with a set of coil overs.
I guess no RX8 wheels for me...

Just my luck.

The rx8 wheels fit the 6, but rub ever so slightly in the rear. (18x8 +50 offset, 225/45/18). They just "barely" rub. A slight fender tuck or roll will prevent it, or running a thinner tire will as well.

Latest posts

Back