New radio

chad99

:
2013 Mazda 5 Sport
Ended up not liking the generic 8" screen radio (kind of knew I would but really wanted the factory fit and look).

I did some thinking and realized the 8" screen size opening must be very close to a ISO standard double din 7" name brand aftermarket deck.
I took a gamble, removed the face from my generic radio and put it over a pioneer DA210 with ar unchained and old galaxy s2.
I am VERY happy with the results, the screen can fully open and close without touching or rubbing the generic radio face and hopefully to the casual car radio theif a quick look through the window will look boring and move on to the next car with the obvious aftermarket dash install kit.

Now I can run the torque app plus the if I need or want to change apps I don't have to sit in the damm car all I have to do is pull the phone out of its hiding place and bring it indoors to add or change something plus upgrading to a more powerful android phone is easy...just find a cracked screen phone on ebay or CL, plug in MHL connector and done!.

Thanks guys...it ended up costing a bit since I had to buy two radios but I do like the way it ended up

I also just learned about the W/R (wired remote) port on this radio (no mention of it in the install manual), and how simple it is to connect, in the future (sooner if my wife hates the tiny volume buttons) I might wire up the knobs and buttons so they actually work with the deck

Back