New protege5, new to the forum.

a1cypher

Hello everybody,

I'm new to the forums and also a new mazda owner. I bought a 2002.5 yellow protege5. The car is in good shape, has only 60000Kms.

Unfortunately, within the first two weeks of ownership I schmucked up the front bumper so I have to get it fixed, but I managed to take some nice photos that I compiled into a wallpaper for my laptop.

If you'd like the high res version (1440x900), let me know and I can post it somewhere ore email it to you.

Attachments

• background-small.jpg
    background-small.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 161
clicknext said:
Welcome! Lookin good! What did you do to the bumper?

I rear ended some guy at a yield. Bumper was knocked out of alignment and maybe bent a bit as well as cracked/chipped paint in a few places. Luckily I've found a body guy who is willing to fix and repaint it for $275 CDN. Also, it took a small chip out of the driver side headlight, but it seems to be ok. I'm not even sure if there is a broken seal on it or not.

The guy is also going to look at some minor rust that is starting to appear on the rear fenders and sandblast and repaint the panels. Its sad to see rust on a 5 year old car. =(

a1cypher said:
I rear ended some guy at a yield. Bumper was knocked out of alignment and maybe bent a bit as well as cracked/chipped paint in a few places. Luckily I've found a body guy who is willing to fix and repaint it for $275 CDN. Also, it took a small chip out of the driver side headlight, but it seems to be ok. I'm not even sure if there is a broken seal on it or not.

The guy is also going to look at some minor rust that is starting to appear on the rear fenders and sandblast and repaint the panels. Its sad to see rust on a 5 year old car. =(
ouch, how long had you had it?

Yeah, I think there are some rust issues on this car for some reason, which is a shame because otherwise the paint looks pretty beautiful.

Out of curiosity, where are you located? Noticed that you use kms, so Canada? =)

Yup, I'm from Manitoba, Canada. I'd had the car for only 9 days when I had the accident, but all should be ok in a few days when it gets fixed.

that picture would look a lot better if you took it indoors with minimal reflection and shadows on the car, but i like it regardless

Well, I'm not really one for any serious modding. I'm thinking of upgrading the audio system.. I am quite dissapointed with the stock audio, it really sounds quite terrible (won't even play burned discs reliably). Also, I was thinking about getting some of those euro alteza tail lights, but I'd like to hold off until spring at least (too cold to be working on the car, it been ~ -30C to -50C for the past couple of weeks here.)

a1cypher said:
Well, I'm not really one for any serious modding.
we will see how long that last, that was what i thought when i got my car. WELCOME to the board

Welcome.. do I see an engine block heater cord hanging out near the driver's side headlight? I <3 my engine block heater.

Kansei said:
Welcome.. do I see an engine block heater cord hanging out near the driver's side headlight? I <3 my engine block heater.

Yup, that is my block header. It makes it less painful to start in the cold...

Just to let everyone know, I went out and bought a new deck today to replace the factory cd player. It sounds sooo much better.. now I will actually want to listen to music in it. Its a pioneer DEH-P3900MP (not sure if anybody will recognize it) its a cheap one, but it gets the job done.

Back