new place, need ideas!

paylew

:
09 CWP MS3
Ok, so we just moved into a new condo. New place, has a fireplace which we've never had before... and now we're at a loss for what to do with our TV since our entertainment center would block the fireplace. Explored the wall mount idea, but then we won't have any storage space or anything to cover all the wires from the xbox, wii, stereo, etc. Any one have ideas on a good setup?

Right now we just having everything sprawled out...

Attachments

• IMG_0092.jpg
    IMG_0092.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 2,323
entertainment centers are so 1990's

Hang that bad larry over the fireplace

We really need more pictures of the room and/or floor diagrams to give ideas. In the 1 picture we only see part of 1 wall.

BTW, wires can be concealed even if a TV is mounted above a fireplace.

Last edited:
I didn't see the pic the first time....

do this:

EvilMonkeyESPN said:
Wall mount and then a hanging shelf....

or...

Build a larger frame around the fire place like this:

flat-screen-tv-03.jpg

looks perfect where it is what's the problem?

just get a DVD of a fireplace and leave that on when you're not using the TV. problem solved.

Last edited:
is the fireplace gas or wood? i would be wary of mounting a TV that close to a wood burning fireplace. my parents have a big field stone wood fireplace and i know the rocks above the fire get pretty warm. gas would probably be fine. it's at least something to consider. what temp are TVs designed to operate within?

It's wood, in all honesty it won't get used too much but I want to still have the option.
Evil, we actually looked at that shelf... LOVE ikea.

Attachments

• IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 2,301
  • IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,443
Last edited:
that is one bitchin' ghetto blaster.

LOL, dude I've had that since I was in 7th grade... We have a surround sound system that we just got so that will be gone shortly

We're just going to do a wall mount with shelves underneath and go from there if needed... though I'd rather spend money on springs then a wall mount

Back