New P5 Owner

Prafeston

I'm back in a Mazda Wagon! I used to drive a Speed3 several years ago, but decided I didn't want the high payments anymore so I've switched around from car to car for awhile and I'm back in Mazda. Picked up this Yellow Protege5 for $2500 bucks. Kind of has high miles at 203k, but it runs great and just passed MO inspection with ease. Rear Passenger Door won't lock or unlock with the remote or switch inside the car. You can hear the actuator or something trying to do something, but it doesn't do anything. Also the 6 disc CD changer is broken so I'm told. When you turn the car on it cycles through all the discs like it's trying to load one even though there is nothing in it. The inside does not look like a car with 203k miles. The outside however has some hail damage and a bit of rust on the passenger rear wheel well. Nothing real visible yet, but I can see it starting to come in. Also all the doors are starting to get a bit of rust on the inside bottoms. It does have a sunroof and no roof rack. Looks pretty slick. Also came with the stock subwoofer that mounts to the spare tire. Pretty neat! I'm also getting some white smoke on cold start ups which I've read about a little and believe I'll need new valve seals at some point and possibly rings. For now though it seems to run just fine and I'm probably gonna do nothing about it for awhile...we'll see. Here are some pics of it.

And here it is in the driveway with my old DD. Ford Festiva :) Was still a Mazda at heart with a 1.3 B3 Mazda engine.

Wait...I just looked at your location...your friend wouldn't happen to be Paul Mays? Cause we are friends from the Festiva forum! :)

Got it licensed today! I can legally drive it now! Though I couldn't mount the plates. Rear holder had the old license plate bolts broken off in it and the front holder I took off to check it out cause it looked bent. Then whatever you are supposed to screw it into on the other side I guess fell down cause I couldn't get the holder to screw back onto the bumper and I found no way to get back to that part of the backside of the bumper. Took the grill of and could get down there a bit, but not to where I needed to be. Then I took the little plastic chin protector thing off the bottom of the bumper, but still couldn't get up to where I needed to be. Looks like I have to take the whole dang bumper off in order to get back there.

Latest posts

Back