New P5 owner in Knoxville!

Timm88880

:
Mazda, Protege 5 2002
Pictures (6).jpgPictures (12).jpgPictures (11).jpgPictures (10).jpgPictures (5).jpgHey guys check out my new Protege 5!

Well, mechanically the car is sound at just over 100k miles, its gonna need new shocks all round soon, and a possible timing belt. Other than that soild car. Not sure what I want to do first with it. I just bought some yellow fog bulbs off ebay but have no idea what would be the quickest route to actually getting to the back of the fog lights to install them. Any suggestions on that or maybe possible ideas for future mods?

The fog lights are super simple. Best design I've ever seen. All you do is unscrew a few clips for the plastic surround under the bumper and there is one main bolt at the bottom of the foglight that has a nut on the back of it through a mounting plate attached to the car. Unscrew the one bolt and the whole foglight comes out the front. Easy peezy.

wow! very clean for 100k Pro5. How much did you get it for? any other plans?
btw, Welcome to the Best Mazda Forums!

i got it for 5300, at a nissan dealership in tennessee. Im lookin to get some Hids, and I need to replace the shift boot on the interior its got a couple of rips.

The fog lights are super simple. Best design I've ever seen. All you do is unscrew a few clips for the plastic surround under the bumper and there is one main bolt at the bottom of the foglight that has a nut on the back of it through a mounting plate attached to the car. Unscrew the one bolt and the whole foglight comes out the front. Easy peezy.

Ya, I found a manual online and it was telling me to take off the whole front bumper, so I posted another thread and there was a much easier way, and It took me 15 mins tops. I want to tint the fog lense yellow. Because with the yellow bulbs in there, they look somewhat yellow, but not the complete yellow I want without paying for HIDs. Any ideas on where to find tint at for a decent price?

Back