New Owner

jtech4

Well just pick up a 10 CX9 AWD Sport this week ... Will like to know where can I get one of those trailer Hitch?

You want the OE one, which is classII, or the aftermarket one which is classIII?
For the aftermarket one, I can recommend etrailer.com. There are three from different vendors you could choose from. I have the Hidden Hitch.
For OE ones, compare prices of your local dealers or
mazdaparts.org (free S&H)
waynemazda.com

Welcome to the forum, BTW.

Last edited:
rear bumper

so someone today on the parking lot just drove into my rear bumper.. Somewhat noticeable all the guy had to say was sorrry it just a bumper....

so someone today on the parking lot just drove into my rear bumper.. Somewhat noticeable all the guy had to say was sorrry it just a bumper....

WOW! If it is as minor as you say it is, I would have let the guy go without making it a big deal...but that comment he made would have rendered:

1. Me responding to him "...Oh well its just your face if you dont pay for the repair"

2. Make his a$$ pay for the repair and get his info.

The victim has the right to say "It's just a bumper", not the offender...
If I were you, I would smile at him and ask for insurance, and say,
"Yeah, it's just a bumper. It won't cost you much... Merry Christmas."

My vehicles have been hit from behind twice in the past.
I let them go as long as there wasn't more damage than surface scratches, and
they apologized and DIDN'T say "It's just a bumper....".

Last edited:
There can be serious damage you can't see, depending on how hard you get hit. Our new BMW 5-Series was rear-ended, and the only visible damage was a scuff in the bumper cover. However, it cost $1200 to repair it, as the bumper shock absorbers blew, and the honey comb crush material was compressed. The bumper and absorbers did their job--saved the sheet metal.

I agree with all that has been said above. Damage can look superficial from the outside but you won't know till you look under. i had one previously that looked like nothing happened but when i got home and did a closer inspection, i noticed the bumper had moved a couple of inches and already came off on one side. I did not take the particulars of the other driver so that came out of my pocket.

Back