New owner of a 2008.5 iSport

knucklehead11

:
2008.5 Mazda3 iSport
What's up yall? Found this forum on a google search. Yesterday I traded in my Mustang for a 2008.5 iSport. First brand new car I've ever bought and I'm extremely happy I chose this car.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Welcome to the community, car looks great! On a related note what exactly seperates the '08.5 from the '08? I've been wondering since I bought mine just a couple of weeks ago.

Welcome to the community, car looks great! On a related note what exactly seperates the '08.5 from the '08? I've been wondering since I bought mine just a couple of weeks ago.

MP3 CD's, colors...interior trim? I think that's it for the Sport. The Touring Value Edition is new for 08.5 too.

Thanks yall. This is what I ended up trading in to get it. Too much of a gas hog and it was starting to have problems.

3.jpg

Gotcha, then I definetley have the '08.5.

Ahh, got rid of the 'stang. That looks like the previous body style (at least the hood/front end does. But more like the new style toward the back, but maybe I'm just mis-remembering.

Just got rid of my 07 i sport for an 08 MS3. The car gave me no problems. I really liked that car, but the speed itch was to strong. Enjoy your car. Any plans for it?

Just got rid of my 07 i sport for an 08 MS3. The car gave me no problems. I really liked that car, but the speed itch was to strong. Enjoy your car. Any plans for it?
Not really... just needed to buy it for a reliable, economical DD. I can get myself a Mustang body and build a nice motor in the future as far as the speed thing is concerned. I'm a freak about Mustangs.

What I will modify on this car is the stereo. I already have the equipment (aftermarket stuff from the Stang) I just need to get the harness and mounting kit and all that good junk. If anything else, maybe wheels. I wasn't really happy with any of the wheel options Mazda had so it doesn't bother me that I bought the car with steelies and hubcaps. And if I get wheels, preferably a set that doesn't weigh too much. I bought this car strictly for reliable and economical transport.

Ya know, what's real sad though... this car has about the same or more balls as the Mustang!!!

Gotcha, then I definetley have the '08.5.

Ahh, got rid of the 'stang. That looks like the previous body style (at least the hood/front end does. But more like the new style toward the back, but maybe I'm just mis-remembering.
It is the previous style. 2003 to be exact.

Black Stang, dark charcoal gray interior, automatic trans. I had a few visual interior mods in it, such as Italian leather shift boot and ebrake boot, and an MGW T-handle shift knob with button for the automatic, and all the stereo stuff (Pioneer h/u, SIRIUS, iPod adapter, 300w sub). Only thing performance wise was that I ripped out the air silencer that was suffocating the hell out of the intake. Obviously you can also tell from the pic that it had the Mach III grille delete and the black 03 Cobra style wheels... which I still have and am trying to sell right now.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

ill sell ya my 17" alloys to sport up your sport in a few months. cheap. already know they are going its just a matter of time. dont want wheels i cant use laying around the place. just threw away some cheap steel wheels from a jeep last weekend. pm if your interested. be at least two months, maybe three.

ill sell ya my 17" alloys to sport up your sport in a few months. cheap. already know they are going its just a matter of time. dont want wheels i cant use laying around the place. just threw away some cheap steel wheels from a jeep last weekend. pm if your interested. be at least two months, maybe three.
post up some pics. if they're factory alloys then I'll just go ahead and say "pass." I'm honestly not a fan of them.

Not really... just needed to buy it for a reliable, economical DD....

Yeah, well. I happen to know this particular knucklehead so give me some time to work on him and get him primed. He'll change his mind. He'll change his mind. (silly)
Wassup Gary!! Welcome to the site and the extended Mazda family. See ya' tomorrow.

DD INDEED!!! (lol)

a friend of bbrich... dear lord there goes the neighbor hood.

Did I say "friend?" An acquaintance. I don't know him THAT well.
Gary used to work at my store. When I saw him the other day he told me about the change in mo-biles.
His was the Mustang I once found parked right in front of the double entrance doors of the store @ 4:30AM one morning???
He said, someone was hanging around the PL and he was afraid they had bad intentions.
Suuurrrreeee!!! :D

Did I say "friend?" An acquaintance. I don't know him THAT well.
Gary used to work at my store. When I saw him the other day he told me about the change in mo-biles.
His was the Mustang I once found parked right in front of the double entrance doors of the store @ 4:30AM one morning???
He said, someone was hanging around the PL and he was afraid they had bad intentions.
Suuurrrreeee!!! :D
HAHAHA lol I remember that night. Everyone walking in overnight was like, "WTF is your car doing right in front of the doors?"

How long ago was that? I've been with Kraft for almost a year now... doesn't feel like it though.

hey can u post pics of those 17"s and how much would u let em go for? i saw some factories i liked the other day

HAHAHA lol I remember that night. Everyone walking in overnight was like, "WTF is your car doing right in front of the doors?"

How long ago was that? I've been with Kraft for almost a year now... doesn't feel like it though.

At first I didn't realize it was yours and thought someone was trying to rob the place.
It wasn't too long before you left... maybe a month? You and I had already been talking cars for a while by then.

At first I didn't realize it was yours and thought someone was trying to rob the place.
It wasn't too long before you left... maybe a month? You and I had already been talking cars for a while by then.
Right.

Today I went and got it its first synthetic oil change so now I'll get to see if there are any slight gas mileage improvements (maybe... 1 mpg? WOO! lol) or whatever. It runs a little quieter than it did with the conventional crap I had in it during the break in period.

Back