New owner from Houston, TX

FlashJim

:
Mazda CX-9 GT
Hi all. I just bought a 2012 CX-9 GT with a whopping 17 miles on the clock. I can't wait to see it roll over 100K.

The CX-9 replaced a 2001 Honda Odyssey EX. They are almost identical in dimensions, weight and most importantly ... how they drive. The Ody was amazing on the road, especially for the size.

Jim
Houston, TX

Welcome, Jim.

My 2008 CX9 also replaced a 2001 Odyssey.
If you LIKE the drive of Honda Odyssey, you will LOVE CX9.

Welcome to the fourms and enjoy your new car.
I really like mine and over the last couple of weeks have taken it out on the road for some extended trips to Kansas and Louisiana.

Thanks! Just got back from New Orleans and got 24.05 mpg on the first two tankfuls. I can live with that. :)

Greetings FlashJim and congrats on your new CX 9. You are really going to enjoy your new ride, but it will not compare in many ways to your ODO. This car is really all about getting out on the highway for long distance traveling. Having lived in your area for several years, I know that you have to get on the road to get to the major city's. This Mazda will give a very stable platform for this task and is as comfortable a ride as you can get in this kind of small SUV. Keep your tires rotated on a regular mileage schedule and the oil/filters changed earlier than what the book says and your 9 will serve you proudly. I will always remember the old adage reminding me of the size of your state: " The sun has ris and the sun has set and I ain't outa Texas yet"!

" The sun has ris and the sun has set and I ain't outa Texas yet"!

That's the truth! Thanks fxpthl. Where in TX did you live?

I was just in you neck of the woods in May. I couldn't believe how cold it was! The food trucks at OC Fair were fantastic.

Way to go Jim -You will look MUCH sexier in the CX-9! And you can still haul a small army in it.

Way to go Jim -You will look MUCH sexier in the CX-9! And you can still haul a small army in it.

I was rockin' the Ody, thank you very much! :)

Yeah, we were ready to get away from the minivan and the CX-9 was just what the doctor ordered. I smile every time I see it in the driveway. I smile more when I can con my wife into letting me drive it!

Hey FlashJim, I lived off of FM 1960 in Spring. Left back in 82 for home here in Irvine, CA. The fair grounds swap meet is now called The Market Place and does a huge weekend business with everything imaginable for sale. The food trucks have become all the rage here in So. Cal. Enjoy your CX 9 and let us know how you use it.

Back