New Owner-amp Installation

RED-ONE

:
Red 2003 Mazda Pro5
I just bought a new 2003 PR5 and love it, the only prob I really have right now is the bumps, or lack of. I have front and rear door speakers on order for it already, just completly lost on headunit removal and how to install my amp to a stock 6 disc HU.
The only reason not changing HU to aleviate probs, is well the stock one looks good. Please help a newbie out.. THANKS AGAIN.....

ur gonna need an amp with signal level inputs (SLI). tap into the back speakers' wires with the sli harness and plug the harness into the amp. easy as that. then wire up your subs.

The searc option will set you fre :D.

Seriously though we have goen down this road nearly 1000 times now and there is more info on here then you can image on this topic. Just do a search and you will learn more then you ever could in this single thread.

Basicly you run the radio sides speaker leads to the amps speaker level inputs or to a LOC converter then run the amps outputs back to the car sides speaker wires. Get it power and ground and you'll be good to go. Also you can do a 5 channel to get som bass to or use a 4 channel and bridge the rear channels for a sub and just amp the front speakers.

Last edited:
With the P5, you really can't 'tap' into the rear speaker wires since they come out of the harness inside the rear doors. On a sedan its alot different.

I would suggest purchasing a line converter and installing it behind the stock head unit. A line converter will take the high-level speaker output signal from your stock unit and convert it to low-level to send across RCAs to your amp.

Doing this conversion right out of the head unit reduces the chance of electrical interference in your signal. Most RCA cables have better protection than the poorly insulated stock wiring.

I used the Scoshe MA03B harness to "tap" into the car's harness and the MA03RB (R = Reverse) to plug into the back of the stock 6 disc. I mounted my amps under the seat and ran the wires out of the radio, into the amps then out of the amps and back up the harness behind the radio. The factory wires handle it from there. Just be aware that the Scoshe harness's don't have dimmer and illumination wires so you'll have to rig up a way to run those two wires.

thanks guys for your help, went to circuit city and purchased a line splitter and am going to try to install it tonight . Still dont really know how to get the HU out yet. Thanks alot.

You need two sets of ford radio removal tools to get the radio out the easiest. You can make your own from coat hangers but the ford keys are the easiest.

Back